Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77
    Quote Originally Posted by General Disarray
    Comics rarely make a good transition to movies. Look at any Alan Moore movie.

I hate F4 because it was more of a product than a true movie, just like Ghost Rider or the third X-Men filom without Brian Singer. This new film is already trying to take attention off of the the fantastic four and focus it on the silver surfer, why? because they have little chemistry when they act, and because the first movie was no where near as successful as projected.

I'm all geeked out for the day.

Lately most comics dont seem good...however V for Vendetta being a moore adaptation was an amazing movie! Lately every comic book movie has been disappointing to me its like they arent trying hard anymore...at least its only one year until The Dark Knight...new costume looks sick! I will be seeing FF tonight at 10:30 and ill tell you guys what i thought of it.
    I believe in Harvey Dent

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Rookie Poster

Most of Alan Moore films either hit or miss, League of Extrordinary was not so great, and I only grew to like From Hell after a few viewings, and V for Vendeta was great, in the end it all boils down to the writer and director and how they treat the material.

Obviously with directors like Tim Story and Brett Ratner your more than likely going to recieve a more commercialized film, I mean Fantastic Four has to go down as being the most blatant use of product placement ever. Does it hurt the film, in some ways mainly in the fact it takes you out of the story and reminds you its a movie. Where as with Batman Begins, Sin City, X-Men 2, and Spider-Man 2 you feel that the world the director created is real and almost as if you are watching a docu-pic.

In either case, in the end I just remind myself its just a movie, its just a movie...

Professional Poster

Galactus is supposed to have a big spaceship that converts the planet into food.......thats all im sayin

Cloud=retarded

Platinum Poster

wheres that galactus still from?

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    wheres that galactus still from?
    I was wondering that same thing. Looks cool.

"Im just a simple girl with a penis" - Absolute Carla

stillies77

thats from the marvel ultimate alliance game...

anyway...

Just got in from FF 2...i must say it was leaps and bounds better than the first one! The Surfer kicks ass and Doom is much better...it was funny like the first one but it was still just a B minus comic book movie...it was still better than Elektra and Ghost Rider though...which are like D comic movies. haha...in my opinion go check it out...it's actually funny and cool and a great summer take my mind off of things for a few hours movie!

I was pleasently surprised.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by General124
    The only thing I'm concerned with is if the rumors are true that Galactus will only be some planet-eating cloud. Whoever came up with that idea should have his ass whipped.
    im excited to see it... as far as galactus goes... i was dissapointed w/ the idea he would just be a cloud but when you think about it... they have been trying to make the comic movies more realistic in a sence *x-men wore all black plain leather costumes and wolverine said "what didja expect me to wear? yellow and blue?"* so it only make sence that galactus is a cloud bc ppl that arent comic readers wouldnt quite understand how this man floats around space doing what he does... the cloud actually makes a lot of sence.
    Nothing better than a pretty lady who likes comic movies

Now back to topic...................> I'm hoping the new FF movie is great. The story from the comic series defines the marvel universe and it's first family of heroes.

In general though i think they really dumb down the movies for the general public. My examples are as follows...................>

Spiderman movies: In the comics peter parker was the typical nerd student. Extremely smart but lacked social skills and current fashion trends. After he was bitten and became spidey, he developed a web like substance and a weapon to shoot it from. Which was coined "the web shooters". This is just one of the ways you got to see how smart he was.
    He designed many other objects in his life time and is the only person in the marvel universe who could kill the hulk. He discovered the hulks ability to heal and how to counteract that. Effectively killing the hulk off forever if he so chooses. In the movies you never saw anything about his superior intellect. Alright they'll believe that someone can get superpowers from a radioactive spider but they won't believe someone could have the intelligence to make a web like substance. Truly a sign of catering to the idiots in our society.

X-men movies: The x-men are mutants who believe in charles xaviers dream of peace between homo superior and homo sapien. In the comics you see how even though humans HATE the x-men and sometimes come in conflict with them, they still strive for that dream of peace. In the movies you don't see this as much. So you really don't fell like it's as dire as what they suggest. The comics sends out a very powerful political statement for peace between all who are different and i think that the films would take on a higher meaning if they shared the same dire history that the comics portray.

Blade movies: Blade is as dark a person can get. Forever at ends with both his human and nocturnal sides a struggle you don't see much in the films. In the films you only see his thirst for revenge against vampires.
    Though this is the same as the comics character, you still don't see how on edge Blade is and how he could snap at any moment and start killing off humans for his desire for blood. Again it's shows in the comics that regardless of who you are or what haunts you, a person's heart and morality can overcome all darkness. Where do you see that in the films?

Dumbing down of great stories for the idiots who can't understand the background of these awesome characters is a sin and insults all the fans who made these characters great in the first place. Why follow these characters for over 20 years like i have and then see them change on scene to something completely different.

Rookie Poster

To be honest downblow, the film make only has so much time to spend in a movie on the characters and general idea of the comic. In the overall scheme of it I could really care less if they showed Petey making the web shooters, while it would be cool, it just made more sense to show it as a natural ability rather than create this elaborate to device to shot his web, and if I remember he used web catridges to form his webs not from himself.

The issue with X-Men, well to be honest each movie dealt with the X-Men saving human society, so I dont know how much further you could go there.

And for Blade, hes killed quite a few humans in each film, though mainly the ones that work for the vampires, still in each film he pretty much goes on a blood rampage and proceeds to beat the crap out of anyone in the room.

In the end, you just gotta realize they are not going to make a film catered specificaly to the fans, they might throw in little quirks here and there for the true fans, but in general a comic movie is going to be made for the most general wide appeal to make money, and thats what it truly comes down to.

What a pile of manure! I wasnt expecting much, (in Thailand we dont get much other than this type of movie,so beggars cant be choosers),but this was even a dissapointment after expecting little.This movie was so bad that even the Thai theater I was in didnt respond to it at all...and thats bad cuz Thais like mucho queso on everything!

When are these people that make this shit going to understand that the folks that read the FF and Silver Surfer(and Spiderman,Superman,Batman,The Hulk...blah blah) are all now A-D-U-L-T-S...little kids dont know squat about this stuff so why take a classic storyline and iconic characters and waste them on the feeble minds of people who have yet to sprout pubic hairs?! If ya wanna make a zillion $$$ use CGI and create NEW superheroes,keep the plot minmal,and all the dialogue simple and clean ,but at least treat the classics with a little dignity by creating a movie with a plot and a script that reads above a 2nd grade remedial english class!!

This movie did not explain or show ANY of the SSs'powers(like time travel) and they totally dissed the story by having SS bring Jessica Alba back from the dead(he cant do that)

Oh yeah almost forgot the insulting Dodge emblem on the front grill and seat covers of the flying thing they created,and then "Does it have a Hemi?" Its bad enough that we have commercials BEFORE a movie(anyone remember the days when there was only cartoons,war updates and previews?) but now we are getting commercials IN the movie...!!!

The only saving graces in this legal robbery was Jessica Alba ( god she gets hotter and hotter) and a cameo by creator Stan Lee..

Save your $$$$

stillies77

it wasnt THAT offensive...sheesh...i have seen much much worse...and i can say it was kinda cool.