Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Well I don't agree that it was pre-meditated murder and I expect that when there is a retrial they will get justifed prison terms.
    seanchai

Junior Poster

"Between drags, Jaron was giving the matter some serious thought. They all agreed that if someone did this to a killer, that person would "get smoked." Jaron was always talking like that, trying to sound like a mobster instead of an econ major. But later, recounting the conversation in a letter to his girlfriend, Jaron reported that the guys knew what they were going to do if Lida turned out to be a guy. "We went off on a Tony Soprano-type plan to kill the bitch and get rid of the body," Jaron wrote."

Sounds like Murder-1 to me. I just wish capital punishment laws would be changed to represent the level or barbarity in the crime. These fucks should get tortured to death the way they tortured Gwen.

I also, however, think there's going to be a lot of heat on the mom - the story says prior to her death, the mom had picked her up once after she had been beat up after fooling some guys, and since Gwen was 17, the mom is responsible for her. But I don't think that will have any outcome on the verdict. I pray it doesn't, at least.

Professional Poster

If they end up in prison let's hope they aren't tricked into performing oral for the other inmates. I pretty sure they'll be upfront about it.

Junior Poster

I like the fact that the one dude was an econ major - something tells me it won't be Adam Smith's 'invisible hand' he'll be feeling on his ass.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Toro
    I also, however, think there's going to be a lot of heat on the mom - the story says prior to her death, the mom had picked her up once after she had been beat up after fooling some guys, and since Gwen was 17, the mom is responsible for her. But I don't think that will have any outcome on the verdict. I pray it doesn't, at least.
    Im not sure about Cali, but here in GA in the eyes of the law you are considered an adult, old enough for sexual consent, old enough to be thrown the hell out, old enough to be charged with a felony. I heard its like that for many states now

Junior Poster

YEAH, I REMEMBER THIS STORY WHEN IT FIRST HAPPENED AND I'M GLAD TO SEE SOME KIND OF RESOLUTION...

Quote Originally Posted by Toro
    unreal - reading that story made me so angry. those guys and anyone else in on it should fry.
    ME TOO, BUT UNFORTUATELY THIS HAPPENS WAY TOO OFTEN...

YOU'VE PROBABLY HEARD THE TYRA HUNTER OR AMANDA MILAN STORIES...

THIS SITE IS A VERY SOBERING LOOK INTO TO WHAT SOME OF THESE GURLS FACE...

http://www.rememberingourdead.org/#

Quote Originally Posted by senchai
    In my opinion, the problem lies with the girls who delibrately try and trick guys (it's cool in a bar or club - but as soon as he advances to take you home, 'fess up) into situations like this. They not only bring danger to themselves, they cause distress to people who never aimed to put themselves in that situation as well as bring a bad vibe on the community in general.
    YES, I AGREE BUT THERE IS ANOTHER CULPRIT THAT SHOULD TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY...

THIS STORY WAS RECENTLY DONE ON SOME MAGAZINE SHOW ON CNBC WHERE I SAW, TO HER CREDIT, GWEN'S MOTHER WAS TOTALLY COMFORTABLE WITH GWEN'S IDENTITY AND TRIED SUPPORT HER IN ANY WAY...

BUT AS WE KNOW THAT EVEN WITH TEEN-AGE GG'S, THEIR PARENTS NEED TO TEACH THEM HOW TO AVOID CERTAIN TYPES OF GUYS AND THEY ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHERE THEIR KIDS ARE AT ALL TIMES...

IT'S NOT ALL HER PARENTS FAULT, BUT FOR ME; PARENTS ALWAYS MUST ASSUME SOME RESPONSIBILITY WHEN TEEN-AGER DIE IN A SENSELESS MANNER...

...Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject...

Junior Poster

She was way caught up in the wrong lifestyle and there's nobody to blame for that but herself. Living like that(doing drugs and letting random men pick you up of the street and have sex with you) can get you killed whether you're a TG or GG.

Still a very sad story though, too bad it had to end how it did. Some people are just assholes. Those guys will get what's coming to them.

Junior Poster

double post.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Well I don't agree that it was pre-meditated murder and I expect that when there is a retrial they will get justifed prison terms.
    seanchai
    between this post and your post about the murder not being motivated by homophobia, I wonder if you read the article. If it occured as reported, the murder was most definitely both premeditated and a result of homophobia.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I read it correctly.
    It doesn't mean I have to agree with everything it says and all my comments weren't on only this case.
    I agree that rage against a homosexual (or in this case transgender) came into it, at the point where they questioned her gender. Pre-meditated? The situation was already set up for them to react to. Would a defense argue that the injury they felt to themselves was some sort of motivation?

My point is - if these girls put themselves in these situations - invoking the rage/anger and hatred of individuals, then there are going to be tears.

I don't think the fact she was 17 has anything to do with it either. Where I come from that's old enough get married, live alone, have a child, drive a car and (almost) get a drink. That's an adult. Upbringing might have more to do with it?
    seanchai