Exposure sought for nude man
Perversion in Kensington
by joshua rhett miller / metro new york
> email this to a friend
JUN 11, 2007
BROOKLYN. A man who appears nude or scantily clad near apartment windows in Kensington has traumatized at least two women since May and is still on the loose, according to police sources and the victims.
The victims — whose identities are being withheld by Metro — said the man prowled at night near 4th Street between Beverly Road and Avenue C, most recently on May 22 when he startled a woman who was sitting with a friend in a first-floor apartment. While at a computer near an open window at about 1:45 a.m., the women noticed a figure just beyond the half-drawn curtains.
“He came to my bedroom window completely naked, just wearing a paper bag over his head with eyeholes poked out,” the 34-year-old woman said. “I didn’t see his face so it didn’t feel threatening, but he was masturbating. Even after I closed the curtains, he stood out there for a while.”
After slamming the window, she called police.
Weeks earlier, the same man is believed to have appeared in front of another woman’s window near 4th Street, this time without a mask and wearing only bikini briefs. The 31-year-old victim was brushing her teeth at 1:45 a.m. on May 4 when she noticed she had an audience.
“I looked over and, to my shock and horror, saw that a man had climbed up our burglar bars and that he was staring at me as he pushed the window further down,” she wrote in an e-mail. “What was most striking to me was that when I caught him, he made no attempt to jump down and run away and the entire time he looked at me, his eyes were completely devoid of emotion.”
Both women described the man as about 6 feet tall with a lean build and light hair and eyes. He appears to be in his late 20s or early 30s and has no visible tattoos or piercings.
Jennifer Gagnon, who runs neighborhood blog KensingtonBrooklyn.blogspot.com, said she posted information about the incidents because she wanted to “put it out there for the public” and hopefully lead to an arrest. Gagnon said she received reports that the man is believed to have started back in November, when he pressed himself against a bay window on the front porch while naked except for a bandanna around his face as up to 20 women looked on.
“Afterwards he ran down the street and disappeared almost instantly,” Gagnon wrote.
Police sources confirmed an ongoing investigation into the incidents. Detectives are considering the possibility that the man lives nearby and are asking that anyone with information call 800-577-TIPS.
“It’s assumed he’s not far from clothing,” one NYPD source said. “We’re certainly looking into all facets of these unusual occurrences.”
One story
An arrest will not come soon enough for one of the victims who said she now showers at the gym and dreads returning home at night.
“If he has any shred of humanity left, he should turn himself in and/or get serious help,” she wrote Metro. “He is sick and what he does is far from victimless.”
__________________________________________________ __

If the man is caught he should serve his time
and have a cameo on SNL