Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Acquiring female mannerisms

Part I - Hand Gestures
    One of things you will want to do when looking at your fingernails. Whether you pressed them on, had them professionally done, or painted them yourself; you will want to extend your fingers wide and hold your palm out.

Men tend to curl their fingers and bring them close to their face. Women will extend their fingers with their palm out and admire them from afar.

Another mannerism you will want to get used to is when you go to adjust your hair to pull it way from your checks or eyes. Don't curl your fingers up and stroke the hair away. Instead, extend your fingers, this time holding them together, and flip it with the back of your finger-nails and fingers. A little head motion is also helpful. Flipping hair is one way to subtly flirt a little as well.

Whenever you are clutching something or making a fist for any reason don't curl your fingers under. Let the pads of your finger tips touch your palm instead so that you can see the nails very clearly. Sometimes when you are walking swiftly you may hold your arm straight down with your hand in this fist position. The goal is to help reduce the amount of jiggle in your breasts. If you are wearing silicone breast forms or if you have your own breasts you know what I'm talking about.

If you are sitting at a table and want to lean your chin on your hand try the following. Place your elbow on the table extending your arm up vertically and let your hand relax. Rest your chin on top of the back of your hand. Or by extending your thumb and first finger out. Place your other three fingers in the fist position described above and place your chin in the L formed by the two fingers such that your finger extends up by your cheek.

Part II - Sitting
    The key to sitting is to remember to keep your thighs together. I don't know how many groups I've been to and social events where "guys in drag" are sitting with their legs spread apart. If you have larger thighs you might try crossing your legs at the ankles. If you can manage, cross your legs so both extend down one over the other.

Before sitting down. Back up to the chair until you feel it with the back of your legs. Sit down and brush your skirt from behind to make sure it all comes forward. I like to sit sort of diagonal. I will cross my legs at the ankle and touch the right side of my right calf with the side of the chair or couch. I will then turn my torso a little to the left.

Sometimes I'll cross my right leg underneath my left and sit on it. Both are very comfortable to me.

Your mom always told you to sit up straight. Now is the time to be very conscious of that. If you are fairly masculine and a little heavy you will have a small belly and the more you slouch the more it shows it off. The more you stretch and sit up the more lean and self confident you will look.

Fold your hands in your lap always extending your nails when possible. Try to relax and feel natural.

Part III- Walking
    Walking feminine, is one of the most difficult things to learn how to do. Although, once you know the techniques you can practice until you feel you have it right and then practice some more.

Step I - Watch and Learn
    I suggest as a first step to take a trip to a busy mall, sit down in a high traffic area and watch women walk. Watch the ones that are in a hurry, those that are taking their time, and others that are talking to their friends. Each walk is subtly different from person to person and what they are doing. Watch someone and close your eyes and imagine your self walking in their place so that it feels right. Once you have captured a few styles you like then while you are in the mall go find a full length mirror if you do not already have one. You'll need it for practicing.

Step II - Get Ready
    The next step is to go home and get dressed if you aren't already. But do not just get dressed. While you are going through your routine, think of yourself as a girl. Throw any traces of masculinity away and just fantasize that this is just another day in your life as a woman getting ready. Adjust your minutes so that when you are done you not only look like a girl but in your mind - you are one.

Step III - Walking Techniques
    The basic foundation is simple to understand but it takes a little time to get down. Stand up straight and walk from the hips. Men walk from the legs. Women walk from the hips. Lean back slightly and extend your hips forward and let your legs and feet follow. If you are wearing heels, (you might want to start with 1" or 1/2" heels) be sure to point your toe forward slightly so that your heel and toes come down nearly simultaneously.

Be sure to have a purse with you when you practice. My purses usually have a long shoulder strap that I will wear on my left shoulder. I will clutch the strap with my left hand using the fist that I described above. I will then extend my right arm down relaxing my hand.

Always look up and forward. Never look down at the ground. I see so many crossdressers, especially those new to going out, looking at the ground trying to hide their face. Look up and never forget to smile. If you are nervous, scared, or uptight then it will all show through and you will be read no matter how good you look.

Step IV - Attitude
    You have to appear self-confident. You have to love what you are doing and be excited that you are doing it. You have to be in "girl-mode" - if you are worried about getting read then that means you are a "guy in drag" and people will see you that way. You have to condition yourself so that you feel that this is something you do every day and this time is no big deal.

Just be happy, don't worry about any looks you get. Just say to yourself, "I look great and I'm getting the attention a girl should get for looking so good". If you come across with a positive attitude then even if you are read most people will leave you alone

And lastly, to tie them all together as awhole VOICE. Must work on it otherwise everything falls apart.

SOURCE: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywo...ips/tip02.html
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Rookie Poster

HTG do you sashe(sp?) like shake your ass when you walk?

Quote Originally Posted by backthen
    NO..Not that I'm aware of. LOL I mean I dont feel a "shake" going on is what I'm saying. Maybe I got a firm butt. :P Besides, I havent seen myself walking from behind! So who knows? Maybe I do (certainly not intentionally) or I dont.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

-deleted-

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

There are probably dozens of things than can get a tgirl 'read'. There is
    her physical appearance, her voice, the inapproriate use of the
    mannerisms outlined in this article.

One or two of these things out of sync, may not cause anyone's transdar
    to go off, as genetic females may manifest some non stereotypical
    traits.

However;

Step IV - Attitude
    You have to appear self-confident. You have to love what you are doing and be excited that you are doing it. You have to be in "girl-mode" - if you are worried about getting read then that means you are a "guy in drag" and people will see you that way. You have to condition yourself so that you feel that this is something you do every day and this time is no big deal.
    In my opinion this is the single most important trait, and can compensate
    for a shortfall in other areas.

If a transwoman is acting as if she is uncomfortable in her own skin, this
    may alert others that something is 'amiss', and that she ain't 'a miss'.

But if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.

That's usually the criteria that people utilize in judging if we are who we
    appear to be.

I'd say something is amiss here.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Great post Peg! :P

LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by backthen
    NO..Not that I'm aware of. LOL I mean I dont feel a "shake" going on is what I'm saying. Maybe I got a firm butt. :P Besides, I havent seen myself walking from behind! So who knows? Maybe I do (certainly not intentionally) or I dont.

~Kisses.

HTG
    HJ in my mind you have a firm butt with a smart roll of hip that makes you look powerful and girly. I think I have to study this a lot more.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

In response to this thread, which in some ways I find horrible
    I refer to a thread Kelly Shore recently started that has a
    video of a dutch or german TG performer. Watch her walk
    from the performance area to the couch. I'm sorry, but she
    looks like she is totally uncomfortable in herself, checking
    herself every second.
    http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...309&highlight=
    My advice for every human is
    BE AUTHENTIC. You DON'T need to act a certain way, you
    DON'T need to conform to any model of behaviour. You
    DO need to be authentic to your deepest self otherwise your
    brief time on this incredibly gorgeous piece of the universe
    will have been wasted.

Why do I find this thread horrible? Because if you actually
    watched women, all women not just those that behave the
    most stereotypically, you will notice that there is a huge range
    of modes of walking, talking, looking at your nails, having
    "nails" at all. This idea that because we are transwomen we
    have to overcompensate in some way is sexist and anti-life,
    imho.

I'm pretty good at this ranting stuff doncha think?

I dont believe for one second that being AUTHENTIC helps or would automatically make any ts hopeful act, talk, walk, sit, eat, sleep, chew food etc. like a girl. This isnt supposed to be offensive but a mere guideline/s of how most women are. If we all be AUNTENTIC, you are then implying that m to f transexuals should act butch because afterall we all were born males with penises. That to me doesnt make complete sense.

While others might be lucky in being "natural" in adopting these traits or mannerisms..You'd be surprised to know that in other countries (European, Asean and North America), people actually pay for these stuffs called personality development similar to a John Roberts Powers school where parents send their kids to learn social graces and improve self-confidence. In SF alone, alot of transgenders in transition goes through different stages of personality development tied up with their psych sessions which also includes vocal coaching lessons. Who's simple goal is to help one be more comfortable with their new found gender roles and assimilate into society without fear.

This post isnt about stereotypes. It's not about conforming to any model type of behaviour, it's certainly not about overcompensating and being a sexist. It's about being just one of the girls.

The reality of fellow transgenders committing suicide is high based on the misery of being clocked out in public and being ridiculed.

~Kisses.

HTG