View Poll Results: Do you prefer Dogfighting or Cockfighting?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer cockfighting.

3 14.29%
  • I prefer dogfighting.

2 9.52%
  • It depends on whose dog or cock is in the fight.

1 4.76%
  • Both should be outlawed and prosecuted vigorously.

12 57.14%
  • You shouldn't trick people this way! I thought this was a cock thread!

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default Dogfighting or Cockfighting: Which do you prefer?

It appears as though dogfighting has experienced a renaissance in the past decade or so, in part to the iwannabeagangsta culture...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-...b_b_51046.html

I myself find both activities reprehensible, and I find the cockfights and dogfights here at HA to be much more civilized and entertaining...

But what about youse guys?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

I voted for the later, chefmike. Mike Vick and his alleged dog fights make me sick. Hope it's not the truth, but wouldn't suprise me.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 4star4
    I voted for the later, chefmike. Mike Vick and his alleged dog fights make me sick. Hope it's not the truth, but wouldn't surprise me.
    It's true. I have many ties to Virginia and the VA Tech campus, and most people would agree that Vick and his jackass brother became an embarrassment long ago.

Silver Poster

You know what...

The way I see it, It's Michael Vicks freakin dog, and he can do whatever in the hell he wants to do with the freakin dog he owns.

I personally am not into dogfighting, but if I want to fight my dog, then so what.

Humans fight. Boxing, MMA, Swordfights (underground and overseas).

So the way I see it, HIS dog....so....good for him I guess.

Junior Poster

ARMANIXXX,

You don't have a dog, do you? If you do, please don't make him fight. I see you have quite a few posts here, so I hope you listen to me. Humans fight because we are stupid. Dogs fight because they are loyal.

Platinum Poster

Is dogfighting a cultural thing? Other than the whole iwannabeagangsta crowd, I mean... I know that when the subject came up at work I was surprised at some of the reactions to it.

Professional Poster

Ties to the Gobblers,eh? That's appropriate for a tranny chaser

I grew up in a region where cockfighting is widespread and traditional. I don't have a problem with it. Roosters are going to fight in the barnyard or a pen. It's what they do. If people want to organize it and bet on it I don't give a damn.

I also grew up hearing about and witnessing informal dogfighting,but nothing organized. It was rare and more of a "my dog can whup your dog" type of thing when the local good ol' boys would get drunk and start arguing over who had the better coonhound? They were brief affairs,just until one dog was showed itself as being dominant. You'd hear of one about once a year. I saw two in my 20 odd years growing up in the sticks. Hunting dogs were considered too prized to risk a serious injury to one.

As for this current round of organized dogfighting,I'm against it. The type of dogs raised for it can be lethal to folks in if they get loose? All dogs get loose every now and then. A fighting mastiff on the loose is a dangerous thing. A trained fighting dog used as a weapon by an unstable owner is worse. Too much risk,IMO.

Dogfighting,no. Cockfighting I don't have a problem with. When is the last time you heard of a man-killing chicken?

Ancient Pervert.

Professional Poster

NM.

Ancient Pervert.

Junior Poster

No Chef,

Dogfighting is not a cultural thing, unless you're referring to secluded, Redneck parties that should be banned.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 4star4
    No Chef,

Dogfighting is not a cultural thing, unless you're referring to secluded, Redneck parties that should be banned.
    The only people that I've heard defend 'organized' dogfighting at work have been black, 4star4. Amongst whites(rural ones, anyway), I think dogfighting is closer to the scenario that TJT described....and certainly you aren't claiming that dogfighting isn't a part of would-be thug hip hop culture, are you?