Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Paris who?

That is how much I think of her.

'We Are, Marshall... Almost home...'

To add to what someone else has already said, the money she spends at the end of the day helps a whole lot of people eat, even if she defies logic by continuing to somehow function despite apparently being brain dead. So, in some small way, you could say she's something of a humanitarian...

Yeah, I know that's waaaay too much of a stretch, but I was just trying to say something nice.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Junior Poster

How do you compare Princess Di with Paris Hilton?

Princess Di at least had class. She worked with many groups helping the poor all over the world.

Paris just looks pretty hot. I couldn't download all of her video, I got Dialup!

Junior Poster

Her video is a disappointment. To say she's boring in bed would be an understatement.

Whoever actually paid money for it needs their ankles broken.

Hmm... maybe later.

5 Star Poster

Frank Zappa made the point that the media bears the blame of deciding what's hot or not. The fact that we care more about a pimped-out car than what happens to...the kids in the picture below for example makes me ashamed of us. We are, collectively, like spoiled rich kids, more concerned with entertaining ourselves than making sure no one suffers needlessly. The thing that's such a shame is that we really need very little to be happy. Happiness for me is my piano and my books for the most part.

It's confusing. The other animals on the planet carry on if one of their herd is killed. But we have minds and the capacity to choose. Yet we consistently choose not to really address the suffering of the less fortunate - certainly there's no real war on poverty or hunger. And looked at from another way, if all the millions of starving children are saved, there will only be that many more in the future. I do believe there should only be so many people on the planet - a number arrived at ideally from an enlightened population. I think quality of life should be emphasized over sheer numbers of people. But throughout history life has been cheap. man's inhumanity to man has always been something that confuses me and makes me distrustful of people. I'm not a loner, but I don't mind doing my own thing a lot of the time.

Getting back to the topic..has there ever been a mention of Paris doing anything to benefit....anyone but herself? And has the media ever tried to make acts of charity or kindness 'hot' to the masses? Or at least shame them into it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	children_605.jpeg 
Views:	189 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	104292  

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tg4me
    I Anyway you look at it she has done well for herself. She was the "it girl" for a couple of years in our culture.
    That because of two simple reasons.

1. She started with her parents footing the bill for her from day one. If I started with limitless funds to back me I guarantee you I would be able to turn a "profit" of 17 million.
    2. This country is obsessed with material things and people who care nothing about anyone else. She is the epitome of why people around the world hate America. Not for our freedom (if I hear that one more time I may stick a screwdriver in my ear) but for our materialistic and selfish society.

In stead of worrying about this dumb ugly ho why not worry about something that really matters. Maybe people can occupy their time with something like this http://eyesondarfur.org/ instead of that crap.

5 Star Poster

Looks like we were on the same wavelength there, goldensamba...cheers mate.

Junior Poster

I completely agree with you goldensamba. One hundred and ten percent.

Hmm... maybe later.

lol As if the media isn't bad enough.

There are other more pressing matters going on in the world, besides Paris Hilton's jail time. Which takes up all the news, when I really want to hear more about what the Bush administration is doing with the war, and how the decisions might effect our U.S. Troops farther.

But all you hear about now is celebrity gossip even on the real news stations.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Junior Poster

There is no such thing as "real" news stations, although CNN may be the closest to what you're thinking of.

Hmm... maybe later.