View Poll Results: Would you like to see more polls or fewer?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Polls suck. No more polls, please

1 3.45%
  • Polls kick ass! I love polls! More polls please!

13 44.83%
  • I don't care either way...

7 24.14%
  • You've made a poll to ask me about polls? What the fuck?

8 27.59%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silklove
    LG its interesting to have a variety of questions.
    Where else can cover these prefound questions?
    I agree. As long as the questions truly are profound or at least interesting.

I have nothing against polls. I usually will vote and sometimes express my opinion within the thread. But I do prefer the ones that make you think, where, at the end of it all a good discussion will have been created and the poll results might be useful.

I thought Chefmike's poll on Kevorkian and my poll that followed it on euthanasia, though off-topic, were interesting and worth posting because they sparked a debate and got people to share their thoughts.

Equally, I think this poll is useful. In this case, I feel the poll results can actually serve as a guideline for how people might behave in these forums and perhaps an indicator for mods as to what people feel might be a way to improve the forums. Such ideas can come out of a discussion sparked on either by a poll or a handful of remarks.

But I think it is possible to overdo it. Some of your posts, Silklove are interesting and can create an environment for the sharing of new ideas. Others I find quite humorous- and we need humour in our lives. But we should be careful not to overdo things, I think.

I never meant this thread as a personal affront to you and I genuinely hope you didn't take it that way. I just got the feeling that some people are pretty fed up of polls in general and I feel we've had way too many lately (and you're not the only one to blame, by any means).

That is all.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Professional Poster

like you i havent got anythign against polls per se as long as they have a mildly interesting topic buy it annoys me to see the 20th poll posted within a timeframe of 1 hour about the looks of some celebs i havent ever heard of and certainly dont give a damn about

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    like you i havent got anythign against polls per se as long as they have a mildly interesting topic buy it annoys me to see the 20th poll posted within a timeframe of 1 hour about the looks of some celebs i havent ever heard of and certainly dont give a damn about
    Agreed. I think that the guideline for anyone who wants to post a poll should be that they should only post it if it is of interest to people, if it is an opinion poll on something of importance or a poll where the results will end up being useful in some way, or if it is likely to generate a discussion.

I think the poll on this thread qualifies. I believe several other recent polls do not.

True, we don't have to read them and give our views, but they have a tendency to bump down other threads on often more interesting or worthy issues.

Junior Poster

Thats ok LG, my Lucky Gold..

Hug Me

Platinum Poster

I'm beginning to think that silklove may be the reincarnation of spedius, or perhaps silklove is in fact spedius, disgruntled and on a mission to annoy the living shit out of anyone and everyone again...the friggin' titles of these polls are ridiculous enough, so why would anyone bother to read them? Where is KellySure when we need her?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I'm beginning to think that silklove may be the reincarnation of spedius, or perhaps silklove is in fact spedius, disgruntled and on a mission to annoy the living shit out of anyone and everyone again...the friggin' titles of these polls are ridiculous enough, so why would anyone bother to read them? Where is KellySure when we need her?
    Oh, I don't want to comment on that. I'm done arguing with people, chefmike. I just wish the polls didn't bump down some of the more interesting stuff.

Rookie Poster

i enjoy them

ha is cool