Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rod la Rod
    Are you kidding? Like I said this is not a slam on anyone.

I think Alexis is great. I admire her. It is just that I am not really sure that she is a "her" as I understand it after many years and knowing thousands of MTF s personally, true MTFs and gay men are natural enemies and don't generally "date".
    You need to report her or him (I'm getting confused now) to the Transsexual police ASAP!!!

Junior Poster

Read the whole review.

http://www.planetout.com/entertainme...ornq/frameline

Here are some excerpts.

"She's My Brother," on the other hand, raises more questions than it answers. None of Arquette's famous siblings is interviewed for the documentary, which makes you wonder where the title itself came from. (She's whose brother?) You also have to ask why the actor barely has enough money for a cramped apartment and $100 therapy visits when she has three multi-millionaire siblings; what happened to make Rosanna, Patricia and David Arquette cut her off? Is a lack of family love the reason Arquette so obviously craves public attention? Or is she just a born narcissist?

Meeting a close friend of Arquette's would also help, but as she tells her therapist, she doesn't really share intimate feelings with friends. "My friends are so way out there, that when I do see my close friends feel stuff and actually go through emotion, it is so alien, to them and to me," Arquette says. No wonder people question whether Arquette is genuinely transgendered or rather a drag queen hitching a free publicity ride on the transgender bandwagon.

Unfortunately, Arquette does not present a single post-operative transsexual acquaintance to offer guidance -- to either Arquette or us, the audience. An expert in trans issues would have added a great deal.

"Drag performer Alan/Ms. Alanah seems to have Arquette's number when he insists that her talk of a full sex change is nothing but a publicity stunt, virtually performance art: "Alexis is full of surprises, and he likes attention, that's for sure!" Alan/Ms. Alanah laughs. "He's working in this medium because it's like working in . . . watercolors."

Junior Poster

Dude, give it up. No one cares but you.
    This thread was way past dead.

Whatever. The Truth, you are an idiot for yelling at Rod la Rod. Good point on this Alexis post. It's a great post. Forget Truth and Legend. They are idiots. We are all with you on this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rod la Rod
    Read the whole review.

http://www.planetout.com/entertainme...ornq/frameline

Here are some excerpts.

"She's My Brother," on the other hand, raises more questions than it answers. None of Arquette's famous siblings is interviewed for the documentary, which makes you wonder where the title itself came from. (She's whose brother?) You also have to ask why the actor barely has enough money for a cramped apartment and $100 therapy visits when she has three multi-millionaire siblings; what happened to make Rosanna, Patricia and David Arquette cut her off? Is a lack of family love the reason Arquette so obviously craves public attention? Or is she just a born narcissist?

Meeting a close friend of Arquette's would also help, but as she tells her therapist, she doesn't really share intimate feelings with friends. "My friends are so way out there, that when I do see my close friends feel stuff and actually go through emotion, it is so alien, to them and to me," Arquette says. No wonder people question whether Arquette is genuinely transgendered or rather a drag queen hitching a free publicity ride on the transgender bandwagon.

Unfortunately, Arquette does not present a single post-operative transsexual acquaintance to offer guidance -- to either Arquette or us, the audience. An expert in trans issues would have added a great deal.

"Drag performer Alan/Ms. Alanah seems to have Arquette's number when he insists that her talk of a full sex change is nothing but a publicity stunt, virtually performance art: "Alexis is full of surprises, and he likes attention, that's for sure!" Alan/Ms. Alanah laughs. "He's working in this medium because it's like working in . . . watercolors."
    She was originally just a drag queen, but came out as a transexual last year. She as far as I'm aware she is on hormones.

my bad.....

5 Star Poster

Alexis is most likely a fetishist.

Taking advantage of more liberal attitudes and living in places where people will tolerate a such a blatantly not even trying unpassable transsexual. Not in places where a gang of youth's could beat her down for looking that way.

Harsh but true.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TSLuver23
    Whatever. The Truth, you are an idiot for yelling at Rod la Rod. Good point on this Alexis post. It's a great post. Forget Truth and Legend. They are idiots. We are all with you on this post.
    Wow, you just joined HA and you're defending a poster you don't know and insulting two other poster you don't know either.
    Welcome to the list of wierd new HA members.
    Ah, I almost forgot. Shut the fuck up!

THis is a totally valid question / post. Rod was only seeing if someone could perhaps help him to understand a tv/ts who may be happy to take no steps towards transformation in a physical sense.

Did some of you have a bad day and then take it out electronically? If it keeps you from doing it physically, good, but its not realy the point of the post or the internet.

Here endeth the lesson.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    Alexis is most likely a fetishist.

Taking advantage of more liberal attitudes and living in places where people will tolerate a such a blatantly not even trying unpassable transsexual. Not in places where a gang of youth's could beat her down for looking that way.

Harsh but true.
    Yes I agree. Alexis is more like a effeminate gay guy who thinks he's a transexual. It's really a bad example/representation of the transexual community. I agree 101% with BrendaQG!

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol