View Poll Results: Left or right-handed?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm TG and left-handed

7 12.28%
  • I'm TG and right-handed

9 15.79%
  • I'm not TG and left-handed

17 29.82%
  • I'm not TG and right-handed

24 42.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Are there most lefties among tgirls than in average?

In this thread :
    http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1982
    I seemed to notice the percentage of left-handed tgirl was higher than average, so this is a little poll to try to find out.

Victoria Holyns' Webmaster.

Default wendy

I'm right handed but funny story I started off left handed but my teachers forced for whatever reason for me to learn using my right hand so my mom told me about 4th grade I started using my right hand full time. I was born in Kentucky nothing they did in school makes sense today.

wendy

Veteran Poster

Default Re: wendy

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWilliams
    I'm right handed but funny story I started off left handed but my teachers forced for whatever reason for me to learn using my right hand so my mom told me about 4th grade I started using my right hand full time. I was born in Kentucky nothing they did in school makes sense today.

wendy
    so "geneticaly" you're left-handed too...
    Here left-handed people used to be forced to use their right hand to write in school too, but this practice has been forbidden in the '60s.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: wendy

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWilliams

wendy
    Hey Wendy just a quick question. My brother was also "forced to be right handed" in the WV public school system. He found himself to be clumsy from time to time, so so you find yourself clumsy with your arms at any point?

Hey rvince i knew about it being a public school policy..... i also believe it is still a practice in Some countries one I know of Japan why did they stop it? and is there a correlation between people being forced to be "off handed" and being clumsy?

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

I selected "Not TG and right-handed," but I noticed there were no options for the ambidextrous. I am right-handed, but pretty close to ambidextrous as I do almost everything almost equally well with either hand (including mousing--even for fine control in Photoshop, though really delicate work requires my right hand, and I never learned to write with my left hand).

Any ambidextrous TGs in the house?

Junior Poster

and as the exit polls clearly indicate Kerry is clearly our new ..... ooooh wait .I mean there is no clear indication that there is any corrilation between left handedness and transgendedism I made up a few words but you get the point ..

Junior Poster

and as the exit polls clearly indicate Kerry is clearly our new ..... ooooh wait .I mean there is no clear indication that there is any corrilation between left handedness and transgendedism I made up a few words but you get the point ..

lefties constitute about 10% of the U.S. population. The practice of making lefties learn to write with their right hand was stopped because they came to believe it had adverse effects upon the individuals who were lefties, but forced to learn being a righty.

Think about it. If you are righty, then many of your cognitive faculties are centered in the left side of your brain. If you are a righty, then it is the opposite. You've functioned one way or another since childhood and are all of the sudden forced to use your other hand as your primary apendage (whatever), forcing you to focus on using a different hemisphere of your brain.

Veteran Poster

considering the currenty poll result it seems there's a large proportion of lefties among the TG lovers too... (assuming that all the non-TG people here are TG lovers...)

5 Star Poster

Ecstatic wrote:
    I selected "Not TG and right-handed," but I noticed there were no options for the ambidextrous. I am right-handed, but pretty close to ambidextrous
    Same here. I selected right-handed because that's the hand I write with, but I can do most things with either hand- I tend to hold my drink with either hand, I often usncrew plastic bottles or pill bottles with my left and usually when I cross my arms I cross left over right, unlike most people I see around me. I can just about write legibly in big letters with my left and have found that I can even draw a little with it.

Don't forget that right footed footballers (soccer players to you yanks) can train themselves to pass and shoot almost equally well with the left and vice versa. In the same way many left handed people can even write with their right hand having been forced to do so from an early age. There's usually a natural inclination to use one a specific hand for some or most actions, but I think with practice one can learn to use both almost as well.

In any case, I agree with Evilhomer in that the polls so far show no correlation of TGs being lefthanders (in fact, it seems quite the opposite) but with a major note: the sample size is so tiny that the stats mean little or nothing.

Finally, I am reminded of the story about a boxer, who, black and blue from a heavy beating in the previous rounds, turned to his coach between rounds and said "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous".

Check out this link for a clever quiz:
    http://www.lefthander.com/morleft.htm

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.