Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

like you said earlier this year though, see you soon, just remember I said "gloves are off"

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    I won't participate in the Politics and Religion forum anymore. There used to be some really good, vital discussions on the general board where all kinds of differing viewpoints were expressed, and there was genuine give and take. Minds, if not changed, were at least challenged. It won't happen in isolation. If you see a post of mine in the P &R, its one I made in General Discussion before it was shuttled off to Hung Angels Siberia. There is no way have reasoned discourse there when a very vocal few will post all manner of crap because they are immunized to the few more reasonable posters who are there to call them on it, In that bubble, they are completely unreceptive to any other point of view except the one they were spoon fed by Fox news. There is a moderating function built into public discussion, where everyone can see and anyone can post and where the germ of a new idea can infect and affect the thread and all the users.

FK
    Hmmm I noticed the same also. I've posted in a few P&R before they were all moved in mass and the only reason I participated is b/c they started in general chat. As far as a solution for it I dont really have a great one. I just feel maybe these posts shouldn't be moved so hastily to allow time for a few people to notice them. Some of them are just hot topics that should stay in general chat for a bit.

Reality is perception.

Quote Originally Posted by werwt22
    I won't participate in the Politics and Religion forum anymore. There used to be some really good, vital discussions on the general board where all kinds of differing viewpoints were expressed, and there was genuine give and take. Minds, if not changed, were at least challenged. It won't happen in isolation. If you see a post of mine in the P &R, its one I made in General Discussion before it was shuttled off to Hung Angels Siberia. There is no way have reasoned discourse there when a very vocal few will post all manner of crap because they are immunized to the few more reasonable posters who are there to call them on it, In that bubble, they are completely unreceptive to any other point of view except the one they were spoon fed by Fox news. There is a moderating function built into public discussion, where everyone can see and anyone can post and where the germ of a new idea can infect and affect the thread and all the users.

FK
    Hmmm I noticed the same also. I've posted in a few P&R before they were all moved in mass and the only reason I participated is b/c they started in general chat. As far as a solution for it I dont really have a great one. I just feel maybe these posts shouldn't be moved so hastily to allow time for a few people to notice them. Some of them are just hot topics that should stay in general chat for a bit.
    for the most part when threads are moved there's a 'Moved' announcement in front of it that you can still click on and go right into the thread. I haven't always used it and I apologize for that but I will always do it from here on in. you have to understand though, threads need to be moved because people pleaded for their own forum, now that they have it threads pertaining to issues they would discuss need to go there............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Veteran Poster

Someone said it earlier but theres so many useless threads started here that need to be moved to the crap section. Those aren't really topics that can be discussed, or that even have potential, but just random chat.

Reality is perception.

lol, isn't that what Gen Disc. is for? I mean if you look on any other board the Gen Disc. section is where random shit gets posted...............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by werwt22

FK
    for the most part when threads are moved there's a 'Moved' announcement in front of it that you can still click on and go right into the thread. I haven't always used it and I apologize for that but I will always do it from here on in. you have to understand though, threads need to be moved because people pleaded for their own forum, now that they have it threads pertaining to issues they would discuss need to go there............
    Understandable. Guess I'll see how the "moved" announcement thing plays out then.

Cmon man...you seriously dont think some of these off-the-wall posts shouldnt be moved to another section? Let's see.....I think I remember the thread "I had toast for breakfast". And there were some other ones that just don't make sense. And just out of curiosity you open them only to find out it's exactly about what the title said. IDK...I'm just saying I get tired of filtering out so many useless threads in general. Not as bad as it used to be but still.

Reality is perception.

Quote Originally Posted by xfiver
    Do you think anyone really gives a fuck what you have to say? You have been running off at the mouth non stop for all of the couple months you've been here.
    Who really gives a fuck what anyone here has to say? I mean, it's a fucking internet board!
    That said, If you don't give a fuck what I have to say, then ignore it and move on... but bigger than all that, people have kicked your goddamned back in for some of the shit you say, and you of all people have the audacity to ask if I think anyone gives a fuck what I have to say? Deal with your own situation first, before you start worrying about mine...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin