Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    Right now two houses in different towns and one on a farm. It ain't like I'm loaded,I inherited one of the houses and the farm.

I think I've got one of the houses sold? I'm tired of paying taxes on the damned thing and hate being a landlord.
    I own a condo in Manhattan (the home I live in) and two co-op apartments in Queens which I rent out......I HATE being a landlord also. Its amazing how many tenants are dead beats...I`ve had to evict four different tenants in the past 5 years....

So far as US properties are concerned right now, I own a pre-war co-op in NYC – which I just put on the market the other day – and some houses down in Georgia (I've sold most of my other domestic holdings over the last year or so). In fact, I closed on another house yesterday, which is why I'm in Georgia right now, instead of NYC.

I usually keep my primary residence paid off and maintain varying mortgages on my investment/vacation properties. I also own some small apt. buildings, etc. that are held in title by a real estate investment company that I run/own with my partners. Any mortgages tied to those buildings are in the name of the investment co., which offers numerous advantages.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    So far as US properties are concerned right now, I own a pre-war co-op in NYC – which I just put on the market the other day – and some houses down in Georgia (I've sold most of my other domestic holdings over the last year or so). In fact, I closed on another house yesterday, which is why I'm in Georgia right now, instead of NYC.

I usually keep my primary residence paid off and maintain varying mortgages on my investment/vacation properties. I also own some small apt. buildings, etc. that are held in title by a real estate investment company that I run/own with my partners. Any mortgages tied to those buildings are in the name of the investment co., which offers numerous advantages.

-Quinn

I`m going to sell off my investment properties also. I bought them in 2000 and they are worth 2 and 1/2 times what I paid for them. I`m tired of being a landlord and will take the tax hit just to have piece of mind ! Bes tof luck Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFromNYC
    I`m going to sell off my investment properties also. I bought them in 2000 and they are worth 2 and 1/2 times what I paid for them. I`m tired of being a landlord and will take the tax hit just to have piece of mind ! Bes tof luck Quinn
    Best of luck to you to, Patrick. It sounds like you’ve made some great purchases.

I couldn't agree more about the whole "piece of mind" – or distinct lack thereof – that comes with being a landlord. What an endless headache, no matter how efficient your operation. More than once, I've wanted to walk away from real estate altogether because of it.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn

-Quinn
    How f-ing arrogant. There are people that are renting and reading this and you just come across as pompous. To the renters out there....you WILL own property(not that it matters) but if you do don't be an A-HOLE like our friend here. It's all just stuff...it's not life and you can't take it with you.

Junior Poster

So, I would like to ask again. Do any GIRLS own a house?
    i said before i own a home and i am looking to buy a summer home

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

own brownstone in the BX. owned another on the same block, but when my grandfathere passed, we sold it because both me and my borther we away at college and noone else could take care of the maintanance

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by marissaazts
    Ok, sorry, I didn't realize that you were a female. The username and rank are confusing.

Vala,

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by marissaazts

Someone in Arizona looking for a summer home... I`m assuming to get away from the heat ?? Interesting..Kind of the opposite of the snowbirds in NYC

5 Star Poster

OK - so the tally so far seems to be ONE t-girl owns a house??

I used to own one, but it got lost in "transition..."

Now I pay 4 times in rent what I paid for a house payment...

Sigh,
    TS Jamie