Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    This guy is a true constitutionalist... founding father material if you will. He is the people's favorite, but is censured and black-listed by the mainstream media because he is a true threat to the globalist dictator elitists... who own everything including the media. Also he questions the "official version of 911" hmmmm......
    any coments?
    Ron Paul could save this world from the impending doom that goes by the trade names of the corpratocray, super-bankers, neo-conservatives, and ruling elite.

if you don't see eye-to-eye with his political aspirations and true-to-the-word constitutional principles then you are a retarded.

his underground(transending to overground rapidly) following is incredible!! do your research before you lay claim to knowing how many people give a fuck about Ron Paul.

Ron Paul for GOD

Ron Paul may be a straight talker on a lot of issues, but he is "straight" right winger on a lot of social ones. He is pro-life and introduced legislation that would prohibit the Supreme Court from ruling on issues relating to abortion, birth control, the definition of marriage and homosexuality and states that the court's precedent in these areas would no longer be binding.

He is opposed to euthanasia.

He is opposed to gay rights. He is hiding his anti-gay record by claiming he voted agaonst the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004. But he has expressed support for the Federal Defense of Marriage Act and expressed his support for the Marriage Protection Act as an alternative to the FMA. He voted for banning gay adoptions in DC. He thinks the Supreme Court was wrong to tell Texas they couldn't criminalize private consensual sex. He thinks its ok for organizations, like the Boy Scouts, to discmininate against homosexuals and still use State resources.

He is also opposed to Federal human embryonic stem cell research

He supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. He is in favor of public displays on State property of the 10 Commandments.

He might be the best Republican candidate. But thats like saying he is the tallest midget, really.

FK

Platinum Poster

Thanks for the eye-opener, FK. I knew after watching him in the GOP debate that he didn't have a chance at getting the GOP nod. But your insight regarding his stance on the above issues is very enlightening, and it should serve as a wake-up call to his supporters. But it's a moot point for me anyway, because there hasn't been a GOP prez candidate since I was of voting age that I've supported.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I dont know much about him but he sounds interesting.
    Im a FORMER green party guy from cali.......VERY LIBERAL.
    I do however have some VERY conservative values........but I HATE the fascist REPUBS.
    I voted almost straight Libertarian during the midterm election......

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    He might be the best Republican candidate. But thats like saying he is the tallest midget, really.

FK
    Ah Felicia, you're my kind of girl.

Gold Poster

One such as Ron Paul need not be "electable" in order to make a difference. If he, or anyone for that matter, can spawn and elevate the discussion and dialogue on why we were attacked, and what might be done to curb further attacks such as 9/11, then more power to them, and the better off we all become. On the mideast issue, not even Dennis Kucinich speaks like Paul did at the Republican debate two weeks ago. ...What's really scary and downright sad is how the other Republican candidates cling, suggest, and/or imply that the United States NEVER does anything wrong in foreign lands, and that the reason we were attacked was because of our way of life and our FREEDOMS.

Yeah, right.

Professional Poster

god forbid we get into the clinton thing again...really almost twenty years of bush,clinton,bush and now another clinton...sounds like a oligarchy to me..

"He might be the best Republican candidate. But thats like saying he is the tallest midget, really" - Felicia Katt

Thank you Ms Katt. I think you put it perfectly.

Ron Paul is, from what I've seen, an honest man who has the courage to stick to his principles. He's not a raving, blood-drenched neocon like Cheney and Rumsfeld. He's a true conservative, believing in limited government and free enterprise.

'True' conservatives and neocons generally agree on quite a few issues ( if not always for the same reasons ). They oppose national health care, Social Security, government oversight of industry for the protection of workers, consumers and the environment ( OSHA, FDA and EPA ), federal student loans, unemployment compensation, regulations protecting Unions and the right to organize, minimum wage laws, federal housing assistance, a progressive income tax or even public education. Basically, they don't think that government should act as a backstop for people and protect the little guy from the excesses of the big guy.

Personally, I'll take the worst Democrat over the best Republican anyday.

Sorry to push the issue or inflict my opinion upon the general poplulace here, but Ron Paul is by far the best choice for the country and the world. His lack of support for gay marraige and the like, is FAR OUTWEIGHED by his support for re-enstating constitutional rights and civil liberties. He simply wants America to become America again. Educate yourselves

"Stop Dreaming"
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhel...elated&search=

5 Star Poster

Default Re: Ron Paul..Whats the Story??

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    I keep hearing how the US media is ignoring this guy as a legit '08 presidential candidate,yet he supposedly is winning the Rep. debates going away according to polls.

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

Any thoughts on this guy....and if he is as good as he sounds...spread the word.
    I've seen him discussing things on youtube and read some of what he's said. He seems pretty good- for a Republican. But he won't win the GOP nomination. Still, at least he might push the other GOP candidates to look at improving their policies.

A question though (and I mean no offence to DJ_Asia- who I truly respect as a poster- I think this is a good topic for discussion). But why are some threads (like the one on Transgenderism in the Bible, which seemed to spark a lively but civil conversation) shunted to the Politics forum to die a slow death (since 99% of members avoid that forum) and others not?

I'm not saying that this thread should be buried there too- that would be a shame. But it is also a shame that some interesting topics are taken off this forum and placed there, where most people seem more intent to exchange insults and talk about party politics than grapple with serious issues.

And as a result, instead of discussing serious issues here, we end up having to wade through 20 polls a day.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.