Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ron Paul..Whats the Story??

I keep hearing how the US media is ignoring this guy as a legit '08 presidential candidate,yet he supposedly is winning the Rep. debates going away according to polls.

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

"He has never voted to raise taxes or congressional pay, and refuses to participate in the congressional pension system.[3] He has consistently voted against the USA PATRIOT Act, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the Iraq War."

Being in Thailand Im not privy to too much US news here,but from what I've read he seems like he's being supressed by the press...one can only wonder why.

Any thoughts on this guy....and if he is as good as he sounds...spread the word.

Professional Poster

He ran for President on the Libertarian ticket back in 1988, getting about half-a-percent of the vote. I voted for him, probably pretty stupid in hindsight.

Platinum Poster

He's entertaining, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting the GOP nomination, or even a nod for VP, for that matter. Not a chance.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    He's entertaining, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell at getting the GOP nomination, or even a nod for VP, for that matter. Not a chance.
    Which is sad because I think he's the best candidate on both sides.

Default Re: Ron Paul..Whats the Story??

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    I keep hearing how the US media is ignoring this guy as a legit '08 presidential candidate,yet he supposedly is winning the Rep. debates going away according to polls.

"He has never voted to raise taxes or congressional pay, and refuses to participate in the congressional pension system.[3] He has consistently voted against the USA PATRIOT Act, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, and the Iraq War."

Being in Thailand Im not privy to too much US news here,but from what I've read he seems like he's being supressed by the press...one can only wonder why.

Any thoughts on this guy....and if he is as good as he sounds...spread the word.
    Watch these, they may give you a better idea of the man:

And last but probably the best:

Default Re: Ron Paul..Whats the Story??

Quote Originally Posted by Blank
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia

Watch these, they may give you a better idea of the man:

And last but probably the best:

Thanks man...as i posted in another thread Youtube is blocked in Thailand,but I finally found a proxy server to beat the block and will check it out as soon as I finish my AM coffee

This guy is a true constitutionalist... founding father material if you will. He is the people's favorite, but is censured and black-listed by the mainstream media because he is a true threat to the globalist dictator elitists... who own everything including the media. Also he questions the "official version of 911" hmmmm......
    any coments?

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    This guy is a true constitutionalist... founding father material if you will. He is the people's favorite, but is censured and black-listed by the mainstream media because he is a true threat to the globalist dictator elitists... who own everything including the media. Also he questions the "official version of 911" hmmmm......
    any coments?
    Well said.

He's to much of an idealist to actually ever get anywhere near the bullshit you need to do to be nominated but all his ideas make sense to most people - except little facist shits, like Guiliani.

seanchai

Man people in America gotta wake up check this guy out....the internet is a powerful tool...spread the word!

Heres his Myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008