Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Why even bother..................

Read a few threads posted earlier today, really good concepts, good thoughts, people showing calmer sides.....................etc

My question: Why even bother making these threads up? However positive you want to propose something there's some angry asshole lurking the board JUST WAITING to get ammunition to try and slam you with.........

Actually it's no different on any other forum, OR in any chatroom voice enabled or not.

My suggestion: Keep it simple................ stick to the polls, the picture "oooohhs & ahhhhhhs" threads, and the hilarious contests.

lol, that's just my suggestion

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Professional Poster

Default Re: Why even bother..................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Read a few threads posted earlier today, really good concepts, good thoughts, people showing calmer sides.....................etc

My question: Why even bother making these threads up? However positive you want to propose something there's some angry asshole lurking the board JUST WAITING to get ammunition to try and slam you with.........

Actually it's no different on any other forum, OR in any chatroom voice enabled or not.

My suggestion: Keep it simple................ stick to the polls, the picture "oooohhs & ahhhhhhs" threads, and the hilarious contests.

lol, that's just my suggestion
    Might be right about that, I still think calmer heads will prevail tho'.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

it's interesting, I met a few folks for the 1st time Friday at boobalicious' going away party and they were all very very cool dudes............. I mean people you could hang out with outside the club if you wanted, so I'm not saying the majority of people on here are fucked up, I'm just saying a few bad apples will always.....................

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

i think alot of people tend to gravitate to all of the crazy and outrageous threads....everyone is desensitized ,lol

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

that's fine but shitting on a positive thread IMO just shows how miserable a person is.................

same goes for being an asshole in a chatroom, ever notice how the person being the asshole always has the "this is just the internet, I can say what I want because you aren't close to me to do something about it" speech right after they've cursed someone out and made violent threats?!?

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Professional Poster

Lots of miserable people out there, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    that's fine but shitting on a positive thread IMO just shows how miserable a person is.................

same goes for being an asshole in a chatroom, ever notice how the person being the asshole always has the "this is just the internet, I can say what I want because you aren't close to me to do something about it" speech right after they've cursed someone out and made violent threats?!?
    I think that if, as I've said before, you just let assholes talk to themselves long enough, they'll either shape up or move on. I mean, if every time I posted something nobody responded to it, sooner or later I'd get the hint and leave.
    Anyway, since posting pics and whatnot previously didn't stop idiots from joining in, why should people trying to be more positive now go back to that? Do you think returning to what was often a 24/7 shits and giggles approach would stop the internet warriors from attacking anybody? IMO, at the end of the day, it's really about being the better person, or at least the best person you can personally be. Lead by example and all that.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    I think that if, as I've said before, you just let assholes talk to themselves long enough, they'll either shape up or move on. I mean, if every time I posted something nobody responded to it, sooner or later I'd get the hint and leave.
    Anyway, since posting pics and whatnot previously didn't stop idiots from joining in, why should people trying to be more positive now go back to that? Do you think returning to what was often a 24/7 shits and giggles approach would stop the internet warriors from attacking anybody? IMO, at the end of the day, it's really about being the better person, or at least the best person you can personally be. Lead by example and all that.
    You obviously haven't been around for very long my young padawan. This group of posters is actually "High-brow" compared to how it has been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    You obviously haven't been around for very long my young padawan. This group of posters is actually "High-brow" compared to how it has been in the past.
    with a few exceptions I agree, alot of the riff raff have been dismissed, others calmed down after a warning resulting in a much better Gen. Disc. area, but now & then.........................................lol

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

If all that you're saying is true, then what the hell are other people talking about when they carry on about the "good old days" here?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin