Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tg4me
    Other than Miriam, every girl you listed are girls that aren't my cup of tea, though they may be cool people. They are too fake Pam Anderson-like for me.
    I can understand Allanah being upset by what appears to be a direct criticism of her. The thread subject started by her being complimented by a peer, Vicki. Most people consider recognition by peers who are potential competitors, and knowledgeable to be be higher than that of fans. I know that is what I feel when I get compliments from fellow musicians.

Other people were tactful.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    Good call.
    I'd have a mostly different list, but wouldn't everyone?
    But can you blame Allanah for being sensitive about being called fake when she has undergone dozens of surgeries to achieve her look? That was not what the thread was started for. It was signifcant that Vicki included Allanah in her praise, becuase she admitted to being critical of her in the past. But Allanah could not bask for long with the compliment before being insulted. She vented with an emotional response, but this is the most important thing she said, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

how about make a list of who you are attracted to instead of pointing out who you are not on a thread that vicki made?.....
    it's called TACT.
    In my nine months here I have seen more than one of our women retreat from being a regular poster becuase of harsh critisism. I say let's treat them like ladies, and they will respond in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    But can you blame Allanah for being sensitive about being called fake when she has undergone dozens of surgeries to achieve her look? That was not what the thread was started for. It was signifcant that Vicki included Allanah in her praise, becuase she admitted to being critical of her in the past. But Allanah could not bask for long with the compliment before being insulted.
    Okay, I can see where Allanah could have taken the comment personally, and admit that I hadn't seen where there was any insult whatsoever when I originally read the entire thread.

That said, as I said previously, what about the posts by some of the ladies here that are clearly insulting, including the recent one by Allanah that I've already mentioned? The ladies, as I've said, seem to do this with impunity, with the complete acceptance of this by admiring sycophants (I don't say this to insult anyone, but I can't really think of a more accurate word). Following the insulting posts, you'll read things such as "I agree with everything you say, beautiful!" or "Correct as always, gorgeous!", or some other form of praise despite the fact that often the very men who are praising these posts are included in the group that is being put down, but this is overlooked by the sycophants just because the people hurling the insults are women they'd like to sleep with.

At the end of the day, to say a man is "a mess" is certainly no better than saying a woman looks "fake".

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    In my nine months here I have seen more than one of our women retreat from being a regular poster becuase of harsh critisism. I say let's treat them like ladies, and they will respond in kind.
    You are right about the ladies leaving, and nobody with any sense wants to see that happen. However, there's more to being a lady than looking like one is all I'm saying. Some of the girls come off in such a way that I don't know why anyone here remains a fan, and indeed, some people as a result of getting a chance to know some of the ladies more personally are no longer fans. I won't speak for anyone else, but I know my opinion on a few girls has changed.

I don't pretend to speak for every guy here, only myself, and I base what I say on the things I have seen in the short time I've been here. In recent days, I saw two guys blasted by a girl seemingly for having the audacity to make a post at all. In the weeks I've been here, I've seen another girl regularly berate guys who had the nerve to offer a dissenting opinion, even when they did so respectfully. And then there are the ones who, despite having websites which are fueled by monthly membership fees, completely ignore any comment or question coming from anyone who isn't another tgirl.

So, you say "treat them like ladies, and they will respond in kind"... I say how they will respond with the best treatment is, in the case of some, a crap shoot, in the event they even respond to you at all. It is what it is, and I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it, I just want to let it be known that I'm not about to "take one for the team" and pretend I don't see the bullshit going on.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Well, I have to respect you for speaking your mind. I understand what you are saying. I am only defending Allanah in this thread because she believed that she was being insulted. Our girls get very defensive and often attack when they feel they are criticized. Part of that is because they are very critical of themselves. Think about it.

But as I think about things myself, I realize that this thread, which started out about praising others has turned into one about criticizing others. So I'll turn myself around and say that Vicki has a mystical quality that I love, as a creative artist.

You know, you always have a way of putting things that makes one take a minute and really think about whatever issue is being discussed. I do appreciate that you even took the time to think about what I am saying, as that's asking alot here, seeing as how my previous post exceeded fifteen words and contained no pics nor mention of anything of a sexual nature.

I am beginning to wonder, with respect to girls who have left, if that isn't just the culmination of a vicious cyle, connected to the very issue I'm talking about. I could research it by checking through posts, but somehow, it isn't that serious. And it isn't that serious because no one gives a shit, which I just remembered. Oh, people don't want the girls to leave, sure... but if a girl says something uncalled for that pisses a guy off, and that guy then says something in return, ultimately ending in the girl deciding not to post anymore... no one gives a shit about nipping that situation in the bud, they just want to prevent the end result. It's a nice dream, but no solution. Anyway, thanks again for your time.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

J E N N I F E R P A R I S WOW WOW
    No there is a girl I would walk naked thru poison ivy for, be a bridge over barbed wire for, and whatever else it took.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTIQUE
    I believe this is more of an example of the "thread hijacking" variety. Vicki started this thread pointing out various girls SHE (Vicki) is attracted to. Yes, this is a forum, but this was her topic to show some love to girls she likes. Not..."I like these girls...but what do you think?" If you don't like who SHE picked in HER thread, why bother responding? As Allanah said...start your own thread with a list of girls you like.

That's the point that was trying to be established.
    I understand what you're saying completely, but how many posters here have started a thread that with successive responses became something the OP hadn't intended it to?

If you or I started a thread of the top ten men or women we found attractive, what response could we expect if not to have others post their own top ten? And if we didn't want a response, but simply wanted to put our own thoughts out there, does it make sense to do so on an internet board where people have the ability and inclination to respond?

If I did as Allanah suggests, the same thing would happen on my thread as happened here. And bigger than that, as a previous poster asked, what sense would it make to create such a thread, with this one already in existence? Should everyone so inclined to respond to this thread by posting their own favorites each create their own thread to do so?

Three you can't go wrong with (based solely on appearance, that is)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts_natti_177.jpg 
Views:	1164 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	103257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts_vo10_848.jpg 
Views:	1152 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	103258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts_cocoa2_116.jpg 
Views:	1161 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	103259  

Three more...

Name:	ts_melania_111.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	103266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts_yasmin_lee5_106.jpg 
Views:	1138 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	103267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts_ruby_118.jpg 
Views:	1160 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	103268  

Another Vo pic...

Name:	ts_vo3_121.jpg 
Views:	985 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	103461  

Foxy Angel's another nice one...

Name:	ts_foxy_angel2_305.jpg 
Views:	940 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	103471