Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The French Open

Default The French Open

the french open starts today and i got my money on nadal winning again this year on the men's side. anyone else feeling the french open, or tennis in general?

New Orleans, no place like home.

i used to follow tennis, but haven't kept up with it in a while so i don't know what's what. nadal is the guy who's been able to beat federer right?

yep, hes pretty much owned federer on the clay courts except for his first lose to him a couple weeks ago on a clay court. i think they'll meet each other in this year's finals and it'll be another good match

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rick_932
    yep, hes pretty much owned federer on the clay courts except for his first lose to him a couple weeks ago on a clay court. i think they'll meet each other in this year's finals and it'll be another good match
    Those two (and especially Federer) are so ahead of the competition that between them they can rule the courts for the next 5 years. Federer, especially, is tennis' Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan- an athlete who- when at his peak- is so far ahead of the competition, they need binoculars to see him.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

i would love to see a federer vs sampras (in his prime) match. hes the only american i could think of that could own federer on any court. the media hypes roddick each and every fucking year and all he does is tank each tournament hes in. roddick is an average player at best

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rick_932
    i would love to see a federer vs sampras (in his prime) match. hes the only american i could think of that could own federer on any court. the media hypes roddick each and every fucking year and all he does is tank each tournament hes in. roddick is an average player at best
    Roddick is good but not great. As for Sampras vs Federer, we'll never know. Federer is still some way from achieving what Sampras could, but many contemporary and former tennis stars have suggested he might be even better than Sampras. Certainly, Federer is the best by far at the moment, with Nadal- a distant second- still being way ahead of the rest of the pack.

It's like trying to work out which of Brazil's World Cup winning sides was best, or whether Michael Schumacher is the best there ever was. Who knows? You can't compare generations.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Junior Poster

I think Federer will be able to beat Nadal this year. Federer beat him in Germany a few weeks back. But it's going to be a great match anyway.

Professional Poster

i luv my baby serena williams but she aint all that on the clay courts..some of them power girls-sharapova,serena,etc cant pull that shit on the clay...hey,by the way are you from lafayette?

Junior Poster

Who ever wins between Serena and Justine Henin tomorrow will win the French open.

Professional Poster

henin will probably win but i'm still for my baby serena...