Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    Ah, yeah those roadside caffs... Now the food is healthier but not as interesting, since they've been turned into Little Chefs and Burger Kings.

The Scots though can have a three course meal of food fried in chip oil, starting with fried chips (thick-cut French fries) served with malt vinegar or curry sauce (which, in England, can be served in a roll as a "chip butty"), then deep fried pizza or fish, and a deep fried Mars bar, washed down with Irn Bru (kind of like Lucozade, if that gives you a clue).

Till 10 years ago, most British food was either fried or boiled. Nowadays, the Brits like their curry (chicken tikka is the national dish, not roast beef), fish and chips, a doner kebab (Greek gyro to you Americans), pizza and pub grub (used to be things like bangers and mash, steak and kidney pie, shepherd's pie and cornish pasties, but now just as likely to be beef stroganoff and lasagna or- at more fancy "gastro-pubs"- Thai fishcakes or steak). Occasionally the Brits like to have a barbecue but, invariably, it wil always rain once they light the charcoal.

I've visited the UK many times, though it's been about 10 years since my last visit to Scotland and 14 or 15 since my last trek to England. All told, I've spent upwards of 4 months there. Anyway, between 1980 and 1997 I saw several improvements overall in culinary quality, alongside the increase love of ethnic foods. But I always thought British food got an unfair shake: sure, there were lots of bad experiences and odd dishes to have (haagis, anyone? though actually I did have it one time in Wester Ross when it was very good), but mostly it was a matter of how the food was prepared, not what it was. The Brits have some of the finest cheeses, beers and ales, deserts, and many other consumables in the world. British spring water is superb. And of course there's always the single malts (give me Islay or Speyside, thank you).

And then there's Jennifer, and Alison, and Joanna, and..... *wink*

Professional Poster

doner kebab (Greek gyro to you Americans)
    i challenge you to say that to either a greek or turk
    if you live youll get a cookie

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    doner kebab (Greek gyro to you Americans)
    i challenge you to say that to either a greek or turk
    if you live youll get a cookie
    Gimme a box of them. I have both Greek and Turkish friends. I've said it to both, but the first word is Turkish and the second Greek. Much of their food is the same, and both claim it is theirs. I know what you mean- they don't exactly get along too well.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Default Re: TSNTX...2000 POSTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by specialk
    I thought it might not happen, knowing how your feeling about HA lately, and who could blame you. Never the less, you've earned a lovely Ladies Rolex watch Jen!!. I hope it's to your liking And come back anytime as you'll be missed!
    This is how this thread started. Now look where it is. We're like a "Family Circus" cartoon. And I'm as guilty as the rest of you of thread jacking. It's fucking hilarious!!!! We're a bunch of kids running off hither and nither. Don't stop. If we grow up, we become like WMC. I love fucking running off in a million different directions. It really pisses of alot of anal assholes. They can't catch us, and put us in a box!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family_circus_111.jpg 
Views:	707 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	103204  

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    WHO ?

I dunno.. tha illusional crap you lot make up..... tut tut

xxxx

5 Star Poster

Default Re: TSNTX...2000 POSTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Quote Originally Posted by specialk
    I thought it might not happen, knowing how your feeling about HA lately, and who could blame you. Never the less, you've earned a lovely Ladies Rolex watch Jen!!. I hope it's to your liking And come back anytime as you'll be missed!
    This is how this thread started. Now look where it is. We're like a "Family Circus" cartoon. And I'm as guilty as the rest of you of thread jacking. It's fucking hilarious!!!! We're a bunch of kids running off hither and nither. Don't stop. If we grow up, we become like WMC. I love fucking running off in a million different directions. It really pisses of alot of anal assholes. They can't catch us, and put us in a box!!!!!!

Maybe we should get back to the subject then?

Veteran Poster

Why is this thread still going on? She's surpassed 2000 now.

Vala,

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_TS
    Why is this thread still going on? She's surpassed 2000 now.

Vala,
    I don't know. It's developed in a pretty interesting way, I think. Kind of like the thread on threadjacks which ended up being one threadjack after another. Shows you how these boards work and how a human mind works too...nothing ever happens in straight lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_English
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    WHO ?

I dunno.. tha illusional crap you lot make up..... tut tut

xxxx
    Naw, just an oblique reference to several other UK ladies who post here, like Chica and londonrussianblond and.... *wink*