Junior Poster

Default The pangs of intense anxiety

For the last week I have been intensely anxious. I feel kind of paranoid. But this always happens during the change of seasons. Finishing up classes and all. I'm still afraid I somehow skipped a class the entire semester and my professor neglected to tell me.
    The only problem is when things seem less real. As if you're watching yourself talk and walk from the ceiling.

What time of year makes you anxious?
    What do you do when you get anxious?

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Staying with my parents for a few days. Thank got i still have my Ativan lol

Yes i've been feeling it too... anytime of year can make me anxious and i feel it alot

I'm a transexual lesbian trapped in a mans body

Mariah is better with something extra
    http://vod.sextoytv.com/category/528...t=63&a=outdone

Junior Poster

I went through this exact thing too, you don't have to put up with it.

It's not normal.

You should get some help, I did. It only took 2 sessions

Junior Poster

Default Re: The pangs of intense anxiety

Sounds like a panic attack of some kind. Or a period of General Anxiety.

That's my guess. I'm not a doctor, though.

Talk to a doctor. The quick fix is to take a 0.5 mg tablet of Ativan (you'll probably actually be given the generic which is the same stuff and is called Lorazepam) when you feel it coming on.

I used to get panic attacks. Not fun, as my vision was affected (In addition to shakiness I got so-called "occular migraines" that screwed up my vision for an hour or so).

Note: Don't take the drug something like four times a day like my sister took her Xanax over a course of several years, or it won't work and you'll become addicted...

Othe than that, theraphy ("talking about your problems") helps some, and hypnosis (which I assume the previous poster was referring to when he said something about two sessions) helps others.

Quote Originally Posted by General Disarray
    For the last week I have been intensely anxious. I feel kind of paranoid. But this always happens during the change of seasons. Finishing up classes and all. I'm still afraid I somehow skipped a class the entire semester and my professor neglected to tell me.
    The only problem is when things seem less real. As if you're watching yourself talk and walk from the ceiling.

What time of year makes you anxious?
    What do you do when you get anxious?