Junior Poster

Default It's all been done before

It's really hard to be original these days.
    Plots in movies and television are predictable and have been done thousands of times before. I didn't even need to see disturbia to know it ripped off Hitchcock.
    Anyone else notice that in the last year there have been seven animated films with penguins as the lead character?

Same thing with trends. There doesn't seem to be any new evolving style these days. It's like there is a pendulum swinging back and forth, eventually things return to the way they were.

David Lynch is original, but in order to do so he had to become wildly surrealistic.
    (Not to mention it seems like every thread I do has already been done, I need to use the search function more often.)

Why bother posting this?
    Simply to ask:

Do you feel the same way?
    Do you notice anything new or original?

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

I think that it is still okay to ask a question that you want know the answer to. Someone can still direct you to another thread. However, being here since last August, I find myself thinking that I have answered the question several times by myself.

As for entertainment media, I think that they are going by other successful formulas, rather than risking their investment on a unproven original idea. I personally love oringinal concepts.

As far as movies, its for money.

If a movie did well 30 years ago, rerelease it and expose it to a new generation.

Rookie Poster

The last one I saw that gave me a real shock was Beautiful Mind same kind of thing as Fight Club but I personally saw Beautiful Mind first.

Tv dramas and Lost still does it for me. The first season was excellent.