Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Peggy, thank you for your insight into being a Post-Op TS woman.

Hugs,

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

Sometimes pre ops may feel that if, and when they obtain their surgery,
    that all of the problems in their life will magically go away.

That they will stop getting clocked, that they will find the man of their
    dreams, they will get great jobs, that the world will stop fucking with
    them.

That is so far from the reality. And when reality bitch slaps someone, it
    hurts, a lot.

The world does not know, nor in most cases, care that you have achieved
    your life long dream.

Further, the 'man you did have'may lose interest in you, or vice -versa,
    and your previous friends may not be feeling you, for whatever reason.
    Then, there are those that find that may miss the use of their penis.

Those could be some of the things that could or would fuck with
    someones mental health. By the by the 'demons' I alluded to in my other
    post, weren't GRS related, but other life issues. Hopefully, as much as
    possible that type of stuff, has been dealt with, because, problems do not
    go away, when the penis goes away.

I can not stress enough, that it is not for everyone. Women, really should
    go through the (real life test) RLT, not just jump on the operating table on
    a whim.

A person should give it a great deal of thought and study. Ideally they
    should not be taking the walk alone, either, but with the aid of a
    professional, versed in GID.

Does my being a post op, make me any better, smarter, prettier, than
    the non op, or the pre op, HELL 2 the NO!!

Did, it make 'me' happier, in many areas, yes.

Will it change 'your' life, yes!

Will, it change it for the better, maybe.

There are many, many important decisions we will make in our life, this
    clearly is at the top of the list, of those not to be taken lightly.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by wendy48088
    Peggy, thank you for your insight into being a Post-Op TS woman.

Hugs,

Wendy

Thanks sweety.

Wanted to share with folks, that it's not all peaches
    and cream being a gyno-American.

5 Star Poster

I think anyone who gets SRS and then sues the doctor for malpractice because they weren't ready should be shot. It fucks it up for all of us.

5 Star Poster

The one thing that jumps out at me is this quote in context:

Claudia's world, however, began to crumble soon after the surgery. "My body was not my own any more," she says, "and it turned out not to be the success I had been led to believe it would be, in more ways than one." She found sex difficult, as the surgery had not been entirely successful. In pain and discomfort, her confidence was at rock bottom and her desire for sex nonexistent.

Soon after her change, Claudia became sucked into the world of transvestism and transsexualism, even though it felt "alien" to her. "I was by then a very successful opera singer and drag performer," she says, "but as soon as I had my surgery I lost all confidence. Rather than going on stage in character, I was there as this thing. There is a huge leap from being a cross-dresser to being a transsexual."
    One case of someone who had a botched SRS makes the news. To be honest I think bad SRS would make any transsexual...who values having sex with men...think they made a mistake. Because they would have in a way. Even if living as a woman suits you better if you value sex with men and the surgery messes up that part of your life. I can't imagine how that must feel. I can understand her emotions on that.

The part that I italicized sounds like she internalized allot of the negative things that pure drag queens, and many others, have been known to say about those who go transsexual.

This is bull shit pure and simple. Those last 20 years of her life could not have been so horrible, SRS at 29, after about what 10 years give or take of living in the female role. If it was really being a transsexual that did not fit her she would have found out after about a month of going through everyday life as a woman.

The moral of this story kiddies is shop carefully for a doctor. I know it sounds vacuous but not being able to have an orgasm again , EVER, would really make for a boring , depressing, life.

5 Star Poster

Lame!

Junior Poster

Well I promise that I won't delete this one, well maybe..

Guilty eh!? About sums it dun it! A load of failures in life given the power to fuck up someone's life who helped alot of people. It'd be different if he wasn't my Doctor.

We've had various documentaries here in the UK documenting these various people. And they're complete and utter whackos. I'm really talking WHACKO. People who have no substance or meaning to their lives, and the only way they can get attention is by blaming someone else for their own mistakes.

"I can't get on in life. My marriage is failing. My kids don't love me. John has a faster car than me. Jerry gets paid more than me. House prices have gone up. I know what the answer is, I've just realised it, I'M A WOMAN!!"

FUCK OFF!

The continual drivel and tripe that comes out of these people's lives is enough to make me puke. They can't get on with life, so they try to align themselves with a group of people who are doing precisely that, getting on with their lives. And then they realise that they're so pathetic that the transgendered group that they've joined hates them too. And that's saying something!!

Russel Reid's only fault is being genuine.

The case against him was taken to the GMC by four psychiatrists who worked at the Charing Cross Hospital gender identity clinic.
    That would be the same four psychiatrists who had regular occurances of their patients walking straight out of CHX and jumping under tube trains.

I am sickened. I am disappointed. I am ashamed to be known as a transsexual by anyone. Very very disappointed. I hope to catch up with RR in the coming months once this has blown over. I still owe him £30..

Those six patients were lost and hopeless attention seekers. The most well known of them, coined Citizen Kane, is a multi-millionaire with a liking of yachts amongst other things. He used to hang out in UK clubs where no one took any notice of him/her/whatever it is, as he scared the hell out of everyone. Not by their appearance, but by their persona.

So to everyone reading this here. If you think we receive free medical treatment from the NHS, trust me on this, we don't. If you have tattoos and want them removed then yes of course. But if you have cancer then you have to fight. Ah yes, but what about transsexuals? Electroconvulsive therapy of course. And failing that, you can sit in a room for years on end in group sessions telling Mary down the end there why you want to be a woman.

This is a reflection of the UK. Where the institution disagrees, it moves the goal posts telling only half the story behind smoke and mirrors.

If someone can tell me here where this perfect world is where these people come from then please do enlighten me? In fact, enlighten the rest of us, we'd be delighted to know.

5 Star Poster

Wonderful.

Any talk of GID not being in the DSM can be shelved for a few decades on account of this. People like these are the reason I have never thought that was a good idea.

What I really worry is that a vocal few will once again ruin a good thing for the many. Driving another psychologist away from serving TS's. Their just aren't many who specialize in our care who don't cost an arm and a leg.

Veteran Poster

So is this going to screw up the processes for other people now?

Vala,

Junior Poster

Testosterone= sex drive.

Sex drive = desire for SRS in people with GID

Estrogen+ Aldactrone, androgen blockers or castration=lower sex drive

Lower sex drive = less interest in or psychosexual desire for SRS

This explains the lowered need or desire for SRS after HRT and transition.