Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Faraday
    wve bn txtng hre snce th erly 90s nd th nvlty ds evntly wea off. u gt usd 2 it.

jst u wt as nxt 2 cm 4u wil b vid msgng. th UK hs hd a pub cell net snce th 80s. wre quit advncd lk tht nd cnt blve it tk u so lng.

Yeah, I know- I was in the UK back then.

Kind of sucks that one day everyone might be writing like this. I figure by then the Eastern Europeans and Japanese will be speaking and writing English better than the Brits and Americans.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Junior Poster

I'll be honest though, I absolutely hate text messaging. Driving at 90mph down the motorway while writing one is an absolute nightmare!! Especially when you make a spelling mistake!!

We're now using mobiles more than we do landlines. Personally I hate the things for what they represent but they are handy. I still do exchange hand written letters with people, some in business even. Call it a revolt against modern technology even.

My personal mobile SIM I've had since April 1999. It's a PAYG phone with no contract and I put about £5 on it a month. The current handset is one of these;

My old one was one of these;

i have only had a cell for like 10 months but i am a T9 master

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

When I mastered T9 (which took all of 5 seconds) I began to appreciate text messaging. There's certain people that prefer text messaging (hint hint) it avoids the bullshit conversation and cuts to the chase.

I will admit for me it's just a crutch until the U.S. wakes the fuck up and allows cellular communication via realtime camera communication, something Japan & Europe are progressing in but we are dormant in.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

I recalled my 1st cellphone was that of a motorolla flip phone with a sim card as big as a creditcard that I bought right out of college. I also had a pager back then. When I moved to the US, I took my cellphone with me and took it at a local ATT center in MN..Unfortunately they told me that they dont have "sim" technogy yet back then.

How can a country so advanced be so far left behind? And this was back in 95. LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

5 Star Poster

For those who like to converse in proper english, T9 text input (like all other similar versions before) sucks. None of my favourite words are included. Try keying in things like pusillanimous, monotreme, nematode, ambidextrous, aphrodisiac, androgenous, zygote. Even simple words like penis and wanker are not recognized although- curiously- orgasm and orgasmic both are.

30,000 words? What a load of bollocks! (also not recognized).

Go on, try it here:
    http://www.t9.com/

It does suck, doesn't it?

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Professional Poster

No I dont use text messaging if I dont need to. I prefer to call up and talk to a person I need to have contact whit. But people seems love to sms to me I got 5 of them only today. I answered only one.

Junior Poster

I've never texted anyone, but then, if I put 3 minutes of use on my cell phone per month, that's a banner month.

Mainly, I just hate phones, was never big on them, even when the only option was POTS.

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.

Junior Poster

Like Alison in the UK, it is old news here. In fact, we are second only to Finland when it comes to mobile usage. Anyway textin is part and parcel of everyday life now, you don't even notice it. I think it is very useful, as it allows you to contact a person no matter where they are or what they are doing.

Screw You

Veteran Poster

I use text messages when my service is sporadic....or I enter any building at school, since I will invariably lose signal. Just a more convenient way for me to communicate when I can't make calls for real.