Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Wii Continues to Shine as PS3 Sales Slide Further

Nintendo sold some 360,000 units of the $249 USD next-generation console in April, up 39 percent from the previous month and its highest monthly sales total since January, retail data from research firm NPD Group shows.

Nintendo said that it is doing all it can to keep up with demand, and continues to manufacture consoles at a rapid clip. Some of the monthly increase could be due to better supplies at retail, although no reasoning was given.

On the flip side, Sony's PlayStation 3 again showed slowing sales, falling 37 percent to only 82,000 consoles sold during the month. A lack of first-party titles and compelling new games are being blamed for the console's weakness.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 was also off 13 percent for the month, selling 174,000 units, however the company said it saw evidence that the release of the HDMI-equipped Xbox 360 Elite helped to soften the typical seasonal decline.

Since January, sales have fallen only 17 percent for the Wii, while the Xbox 360 has fallen some 41 percent and the PS3 67 percent. The Wii's sales stability has allowed Nintendo to gain quickly on market leading Microsoft and pull further ahead of Sony.

Xbox 360 accounts for about 59 percent of the installed next-generation console user base, followed by 27 percent for Nintendo and 14 percent for Sony.

The best-selling games were all from Nintendo: DS titles "Pokemon Diamond" and "Pokemon Pearl" took the top spots, followed by "Super Paper Mario" and "Wii Play" for the Wii console.

Ummmmmmmm, of course it will shine...................

base price of a Wii?????
    vs.
    base price of a PS3?????

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

wii is boring...2 -3 good games at the most...3rd party designers had to wait an extra 6 months to get the packet for the wii...most 3rd party games are very choppy with the controls...get a 360 and get the extended warranty ,, lmao

but wait till the summer to get the elite...its going to run cooler and much quiter than the one being released now..also something about crisper graphics...fucking bill gates ,lol...

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

I agree with you, I'll never forget Xmas day over my cousins house as her son and I had to share a Wii controller because the 2nd one was defective. And we suffered through boring games.

BUT

Wii users are in better shape, LMAO. Never in the history of home video gaming has there been a system that has caused so many fat muhfuckas to lose pounds.
    AND

Until Sony gets a clue that they seriously need to drop the console price to DOMINATE what was once there world Wii will continue to regain popularity from the most important game users.................the kids. Because as it stands, the consoles other than the Wii are really for adults at these prices.............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap

but wait till the summer to get the elite...its going to run cooler and much quiter than the one being released now..also something about crisper graphics...fucking bill gates ,lol...
    now you tell me, so should I return this one and get store credit?

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

i just saw it on G4 friday... ill try to find the article...trust me the 360 is a loud mother fucker....

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

stillies77

my first 360 froze and then broke so i sent it to microsoft for repairs and they sent me a brand new one in return...its soooo much quieter than my last one...and i want a wii REALLY bad...Virtual Console...soooo AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Until Sony gets a clue that they seriously need to drop the console price to DOMINATE what was once there world Wii will continue to regain popularity from the most important game users.................the kids. Because as it stands, the consoles other than the Wii are really for adults at these prices............
    TOO RIGHT the ps3 is way too overpriced, in the U.K it's priced at £425($832) & thats without a game

I'm sticking with the 360 untill Sony wakes up & drop's the price.
    Sony should remember (Betamax vs VHS )the best does not always win.

Junior Poster

really, a console that you can give every single game to a baby 2 seconds out of the womb is betting a real system, wow shocking.

anyone whose balls have dropped don't care, its only those under 12 years old who buy nintendos systems.

i mean come on ps3 is revolutionary, its using next gen disk based systems, HD games now, and costs allot cos its top of the line tech.

who on earth would be surprised at this, i mean come on ps3 has blu ray, and hdds, the future media, wii comes with what, a cassette player and vhs as built in tech.

comparing ps3 to wii is like comparing Billy Connerrly to jerry sienfield, ones a fucking legend, the other is a dumb ass yank whose as funny as having you pubs pulled out with tweezers.

Junior Poster

i've been looking to get a wii but they are all gone around here. im really getting into my psp tho after owning it for a year, i think with the new price drop it is an excellent peice of machinery to own

....black rain falls indoors and outside

Gold Poster

It really is shocking that the wii is beating the 360 and ps3 in sales here and in japan but i think that will slowly decline when aaa titles like gta 4 and fable etc start to come in,wii doesn't seem to have any aaa titles in the future without having the name mario in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    Smart man,i'm also waiting on the cooler systems last thing i want to do is buy one and exchange it like 50 times.