Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Violence and emotional abuse in transgender relationships.

I'm putting this out there. Maybe it'll help someone else, maybe it won't. But I hope to open up a dialogue.

I'm a survivor (barely) of a violently and emotionally abusive relationship with a transgender women. I've had to deal with the issue head on in order to move onward in my life and it hasn't been easy. Trust, intimacy with another...those things are hard to find within yourself once you've been in an abusive relationship...very hard to find.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, to hear what the people in this forum's experiences have been with domestic abuse.

Anyone?

I know exactly where you're coming from with the trust issues, as that's a problem I've faced myself for a good while now. While people always say you shouldn't carry things from your past relationship into a new one, to do anything else is, in all honesty, impossible. I am far more suspicious now, and faster to see things moving in a negative direction, because of past relationships, and I don't know what, if anything, I can do to change that. As far as the emotional and physical abuse... I've felt emotionally toyed with a couple of times, and while I never physically abused anyone I dated, I did wreck the apartment of a tgirl I briefly slept with (one of the times I felt emotionally toyed with). Best of luck to you, whatsupwithat. I know it's not an easy road to travel.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    I know exactly where you're coming from with the trust issues, as that's a problem I've faced myself for a good while now. While people always say you shouldn't carry things from your past relationship into a new one, to do anything else is, in all honesty, impossible. I am far more suspicious now, and faster to see things moving in a negative direction, because of past relationships, and I don't know what, if anything, I can do to change that. As far as the emotional and physical abuse... I've felt emotionally toyed with a couple of times, and while I never physically abused anyone I dated, I did wreck the apartment of a tgirl I briefly slept with (one of the times I felt emotionally toyed with). Best of luck to you, whatsupwithat. I know it's not an easy road to travel.
    Thanks for sharing that. It's not easy to be open about it whether you're the abuser or the abused. It's been real hard for me as I was the one who was on the receiving end of it and decided to stay in the relationship. There was a lot of drugs and alcohol at the time (5 years clean and sober now), so that didn't help my self-esteem or her abusive swings.

Junior Poster

call Dr. Phil

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_Lover
    call Dr. Phil
    Why is this moron still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    call Dr. Phil
    A great question. But you know, I've decided to try out the advice somebody gave a few days ago (I want to say it was Jericho), which was to just ignore the posts of idiots entirely. Might want to give it a shot... It's pretty clear responding to them, even when you're pointing out how stupid they are, isn't going to stop them.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    call Dr. Phil
    Just ignore him. People like that find out, sooner or later, that karma's a bitch.

Junior Poster

you fuckfaces are overly serious and a bunch of cockheaded tards

Professional Poster

Then why are some girls fine???

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    Then why are some girls fine???
    easy answer, they are mentally strong, whereas others are mentally weak