Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    You mean that tgirls are the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything?
    i think shes hinting at a fundamental stuggle between her pandimensional transsexual rodent nature and her feline side

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

OK, so it's a minimum of 8 (that doesn't seem too likely--I can think of more than 8 off the top of my head) and a maximum of "eleventy-billion" which I guess would be the same as 110 billion (more than the population of the Earth--also not likely), with an average estimate of 27,500,552,094, which oddly enough is also more than the population of the Earth.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow
    OK, so it's a minimum of 8 (that doesn't seem too likely--I can think of more than 8 off the top of my head) and a maximum of "eleventy-billion" which I guess would be the same as 110 billion (more than the population of the Earth--also not likely), with an average estimate of 27,500,552,094, which oddly enough is also more than the population of the Earth.
    so even if you clip it to the actual female population of ~3 milliard humanity on the whole is screwed with not a single (live) female born with ovaries left on the planet

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_Lover
    not enough?
    Ladies, Gentlemen and Perverts, WE HAVE A WINNER!

You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!

--Dolly Parton

Default Re: ok

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    Now who could ever honestly answer that question?

The answer to your question is peggygee President of the IPOWA.

Her response was posted in this thread on Sun May 20, 2007 at 7:06 pm.

Some people post just to make a post
    Yes, you've made that blatantly obvious.

--Dolly Parton

Default Re: ok

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshemalelover
    Some people post just to make a post
    Yes, you've made that blatantly obvious.
    Now that was a mean spirited response...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Senior Member Veteran Poster

In Saudi Arabia? zero.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

How prevalent are transgender people?

It is difficult to accurately estimate the prevalence of transgender people in Western countries. As many as 2-3% of biological males engage in cross-dressing, at least occasionally. Current estimates of the prevalence of transsexualism are about 1 in 10,000 for biological males and 1 in 30,000 for biological females. The number of people in other transgender categories is unknown.

This is a fascinating subject indeed, Peggygee. I've posted some research (by others) and speculation on that research (by myself and others) in this forum and other forums in the past.

I've read various estimates from various sources (some of which have been discussed on HA, in VR's forum, and on TGT), ranging from 1:30,000 to 1:5 (the first seems extremely low, the second absurdly high; the most credible estimates range between 1:250 to 1:3000). Lynn Conway (http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...successes.html) estimates 30-40,000 post-op TS in the US; she also has the figure of 50,000 TS in Malaysia (a country of 22 million). Due to differing social attitudes, estimates of the TS population in a country like Thailand are probably much more accurate than in the US, where so many are stealth. Thailand's 300,000 translates to 1:206; I doubt that the US ratio of TS to the general population is nearly as great, but 1:3000 seems reasonable (+/- 100,000). It's frustrating though to search for any real data relative to the US demographics because there is so little hard data to work with.

However, what it means to be transgendered, as you indicate, varies from culture to culture. Many Brazilian transsexuals (those who have had extensive surgeries and HRT to emulate their ideal female form) are not transgendered in the sense that we may use the term: witness Lisa Lawer reverting to male (and she's not the only one). In Thailand, it's commonplace for katoey to not even have breast implants but simply dress very feminine and wear their hair very long, yet they are psychologically transgendered (cf. Male, Female and Transgender: Stereotypes and Self in Thailand by Sam Winter and Nuttawut Udomsak, http://www.symposion.com//ijt/ijtvo06no01_04.htm). (Of course, many katoey do indeed have feminization surgery and GRS, there's the full spectrum.)

This is only the initial stab at estimating the ratio of transgendered to the general population, and it may be far off for any number of reasons, but it's a start. The best estimates, for instance, show a ratio of 1:206 for Thailand (approx. 300,000 TS out of a base population of over 62 million) and 1:270 for the Philippines (approx. 250,000 out of 80 million), which is within the range I propose (+/- 1:300), though the cultural differences between these southeast Asian countries are extreme in many ways (all TS in the Philippines are considered gay, while Thais are considered a "third sex" or katoey, distinct from gay men and more accepted socially--though not without limitations).

In other words, regardless of what the known transgender population of any country is, there must be a statistically valid ratio of transgendered to normally gendered persons in any population, and I'm suggesting that that ratio is on the order of 1:300 or even 1:200. However, many people may not even realize that they are transgendered (as evidenced by the number of TS who comment on their confusion prior to beginning their transition, going through gay phases and the like because they don't understand their own innate nature). Moreover, some people may become transsexual without actually being transgendered (this is reportedly the case among many of Brazil's TS population, where many are actually gay men, not transwomen: see Lisa Lawer as an example). Social and cultural patterns, coupled with individual actualization, probably make it impossible to determine the ratio with any precision. But if transgenderism is innate, and especially if it stems from prenatal development (which is appearing to be the case for homosexuality), then it stands to reason that there is a statisical baseline of TG people in the general population.
    Sources: American Psychological Association
    http://www.apa.org/topics/transgender.html

http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=12755&start=0
    Terrific response, thanks!!

--Dolly Parton