Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Coming to you live from the butthole of the world

I live in Omaha Nebraska. This place is an awful place, it has a lot of gang violence lately (are they fighting over corn fields or something?) It is the mecca for televengelists and Jerry Fallwel-ites. Everybody here is white trash to some degree, while some put on an elite facade and freequent the one and only art museum we have here.

worst part?
    not one transgendered, lesbian, bisexual, or gay person. So everybody here is judging something they have never laid eyes on in person. It leads to weird outlandish rumors like gays try to adopt children to turn them into sex slaves.

God I hate this place.

Why do you hate where you live?

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Platinum Poster

actually i happen to know quite a few ppl from and that still live there in omaha. youre never "alone"

and i LOVE where i live.

maybe you should move or learn how to adjust.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    actually i happen to know quite a few ppl from and that still live there in omaha. youre never "alone"

and i LOVE where i live.

maybe you should move or learn how to adjust.
    really?
    I feel better now, thank you

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!

Rookie Poster

I love where I live also. Ironically it is Texas! Maybe you should move down here.

Platinum Poster

ive lived in a few different states and ive lived in a few diff cities in tx but austin is the place to be.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    ive lived in a few different states and ive lived in a few diff cities in tx but austin is the place to be.
    why?

Junior Poster

I had a friend who recently moved to Austin and was egging me on to do the same. He says it's a pretty laid back place, very open and very unlike the rest of Texas. Personally I wouldn't be able to stand the Longhorn fans.

Rookie Poster

I believe that 500 people are moving to texas each day , im in nevada and it was 7000 people a month . but that slowed down quite a bit ( they also dont tell you how many move out ) good luck with the increased traffic , it blows here compared to 5 years ago . but im from the rust belt , and anything beats that pit ....

Like most people, I always thought the world's butthole was New Jersey. I guess you learn something new every day.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Like most people, I always thought the world's butthole was New Jersey. I guess you learn something new every day.

-Quinn
    Directions from NY to NJ: Go west until you smell it, south until you step in it. This is not inaccurate, if you have gotten a whiff of Elizabeth and Perth Amboy. *Whew!*

As for Yomamaha, I didn't realize it was that bad. I stayed there one night at the Horrorday Inn conference center in 2005. Yah, I was a bit put out that the bar closed at nine, but otherwise it wasn't so bad. 'Course, this is the city that moved a mountain (Terraforming at its very best) and tried to lynch its mayor from a lamppost in the forties, but hey, they all have their quirks.

And talk about rule-of-law. When 1947 came round, they were real quick to pull the 50 year franchise of the O&CB street railway. Time's up! Tear the wires down! Jeez. Even their streetcar conductors were a bit whacked, setting fire to the cars during a strike.

OK, maybe it really =is= that bad.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell