Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

ahh...looks creepy and ridiculous.

"Why do people have to die?"
    "To make life important."
    ___SIX FEET UNDER___

I heard about some girls getting tatted up. Was it as painful and I'm imagining?
    Generally the less fatty tissue there is under the skin, the more its gonna hurt. Press on your brow and you can easily feel your bone, now try a place like your arm- you can feel the difference. Nerves are also involved, I hear behind the ears and the back of the neck are really painful places (although I've never met someone who has had ink either behind their ears or at the base of the back of their skull...). I have a very low pain threashhold but honestly, I never really felt getting my tat (it wasn't on my face however) until an hr afterwords- that sunburn sensation is uber annoying.

I've considered having my eyebrows filled in as a touchup-method with tattoos, because my eyebrows have a few sections that never fully fill in hair-wise. My normal, natural eyebrows aren't quite symetical but few people are completely symetical (i.e. one tit bigger then the other or one ball bigger than the other), myself one of my shoulders is lower than the other but no one notices it unless I point it out.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    I've considered having my eyebrows filled in as a touchup-method with tattoos, because my eyebrows have a few sections that never fully fill in hair-wise. My normal, natural eyebrows aren't quite symetical but few people are completely symetical (i.e. one tit bigger then the other or one ball bigger than the other), myself one of my shoulders is lower than the other but no one notices it unless I point it out.
    Speaking of filling in. I have a horizonal scar on my left eyebrow. Is there anything I can do about it other than eyebrow pencil daily? Do they have scar removal surgeries or anything to regrow the hairs or something like that?

Vala,

A number of women in my family have very thin, almost non-existent eyebrows, and the fact that I didn't realize this most of my life is proof that when done properly, these drawn eyebrows can be quite convincing. The most important thing, I've gathered, is making them uniform, though I imagine skin color is also another major factor. In my family, most of the women are of shades between that of Halle Berry and Vivica Fox, so they use a medium red/brown to dark brown compound, not black. As I've said, I didn't notice this (for over eighteen years), so it does work well for them.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_TS
    Speaking of filling in. I have a horizonal scar on my left eyebrow. Is there anything I can do about it other than eyebrow pencil daily? Do they have scar removal surgeries or anything to regrow the hairs or something like that?

Vala,
    there are ways of removing the scar......... i had it done but it doesnt look pretty, your better off leaving it alone and just using pencil to fill in your eyebrow

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic

Vala,
    there are ways of removing the scar......... i had it done but it doesnt look pretty, your better off leaving it alone and just using pencil to fill in your eyebrow
    Such as?

Vala,

Veteran Poster

Vala,
    Such as?

Vala,
    best way is to go see a plastic surgeon. Talk to him/her about your options, some do it by removing the scar tissue via scalpel while others use laser.

Veteran Poster

Vala,
    Such as?

Vala,
    That's what I was thinking. Does any plastic surgeon do it? How much does it normally run?

Vala,

Junior Poster

Some of the drawn on eyebrows look too mood specific, like "hi, im always surprised" or "hi, im coy". Do they have to rub them off real quick in order to re-apply for other moods? Like 'confused' , 'sad', 'angry', 'im a whore and you you just got lucky' and other common moods.

Quote Originally Posted by Syler25
    ahh...looks creepy and ridiculous.
    Cosign.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.