Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Drawn on eyebrows...?

'kay, over the years I've notice sooo many women (mostly latina from what I've seen) shave their eyebrows only to draw them back on. Why? I could see if it was cute, but it's not. I'm not trying to clown anyone, but it makes them look worse. It's like me shaving my arm hair only to draw it back on, what's the point? Why not just trim it if it's too thick?

Now like I said, in Southern Cali I've mostly noticed this with latina women, could it be a cultural thing maybe? I can't recall a time I ever saw it and said to myself "Hey, that's hot." because it looks unnatural.

Examples below. Sorry, no non-naked examples I can find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daniella_loven20631_136.jpg 
Views:	2011 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	98228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roberta_violage1028_328.jpg 
Views:	2006 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	98229  

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Platinum Poster

haha nothing says natural like a dark brown pencil drawn all over your face

Name:	webcam_shot_844.jpg 
Views:	1982 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	98230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mexicans_254.jpg 
Views:	1980 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	98231  

Veteran Poster

i have seen it in lots of places, but yes some ethnicities do it more than others. i have to say though it can look pretty hot, just depends on the girl. but i think that applies with all things really.

Platinum Poster

the reason for it is b/c of their male brow bones pertrude a lil too much and their foreheads are a lil too high and they are a lil too broke to get a brow shave and brow lift. so this way they shave off the hair and can now draw on a feminine looking eyebrow HIGHER then where their hair grows thus maximizing the eye pallette for more flattering makeup looks and giving a forced perspective on a smaller forehead

Junior Poster

Lol yeah I thinkit is a cultural thing but I have mostly seen it in the hispanic-american community especially in the west. I think it is influential due to like gangs and stuff like that. I dont htink its attractive either.

Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows and they still fill themin with color tomake them more full. I suppose. Alot of stars do it. I think that looks much better but only to make them look full. But to shav themoff and add a thin line of liner, i dont htink thats very attractive.

Luna

Junior Poster

Simply put; It looks ridiculous.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Co-sign!

LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Luna555

Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows and they still fill themin with color tomake them more full.
    thats what i do... but its not to make them look fuller its to give them a lighter appearance to compliment my hair color but not be as drastic as the natural color that comes out of my brows which is a dark dark brown

youre eyebrows should be darker then your haircolor but only by a couple shades

Name:	edit_yahoo_212.jpg 
Views:	1957 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	98232  

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna555

Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows and they still fill themin with color tomake them more full.
    thats what i do... but its not to make them look fuller its to give them a lighter appearance to compliment my hair color but not be as drastic as the natural color that comes out of my brows which is a dark dark brown

youre eyebrows should be darker then your haircolor but only by a couple shades
    I agree. And actually I DO IT TOO. I like mines a bit thicker though simply because I think it goes better with me. Also I read in Glamour that thicker eyebrows give more of a child-like look. Stars that have thicker eyeborws would be Kyra Knightley... Haha. Ive had thin eyebrows but they dont work for me.

Luna

Platinum Poster

i prefer a thicker brow as well, at least compared to my friends. lol

Name:	brit_headshot_140.jpg 
Views:	1907 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	98233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brit_face_136.jpg 
Views:	1915 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	98234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brit_back_840.jpg 
Views:	1914 
Size:	339.1 KB 
ID:	98235