Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default A Jerry Falwell rant

I posted this in the other thread... just wanted to see what people thought and feel as strongly as me about the Christian right.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bye Jerry, you'll be missed... mostly by gullible, simple, "red state" people. Granted, most of these people are merely trying to make sense of existence and this flash of life (as we all are).

Hopefully, the American Evangelical movement has peaked. Religous fundamentalists should have no place in in western, secular, modern nation-states.

It makes me shudder that there are millions of people that followed this guy. Sure, if Jerry Falwell was never born, there would've been another leader of the right-wing Christian movement. However looking at the situation over the past decade or two, potential successors have seemed to just fade away; Ralph Reed, Ted Haggart, Jim Baker, etc. One of the beauties of the digital age is that "dirt" will be found on everyone, culling the group of prospective candidates exponentially.

Unfortunatly, the digital age reduces the potential group of "good" candidates also. I'm sure there would be youtube videos of the young Bill Clinton being drunk and stupid and groping women, if people had camera phones pre-1992.

Excuse the rant, I just hope to never see a more powerful version of Jerry Fallwell.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

HELL NO, another thread about this dude are you kidding me?!!!?????

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Gold Poster

This didn't warrant another thread, there is a reason people ignored it the first time you posted it.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Legend, I was just searching through my posts, I came upon this old thread. Maybe it didn't warrant another post, but but I think iit was awesome when Falwell died. I look back on it with happiness.

When Billy Graham or Ted Haggart or Ahmajinadad or Al Sharpton dies, those can only be considered "good" days.

Ignore it all you want, but when psuedo-religous people die, those are moments to celebrate.

Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Well the daddy of televangelism, Rex Humbard, just croaked.

Think God's gettin' even?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Professional Poster

Nah,just catchin' up.

Ancient Pervert.