Default The Transgender Panel and the Plastic Surgery Nightmare

On ET tonight. Check your local listings for times.

http://www.etonline.com/

The transgender topic is now on the cover of this week's Newsweek magazine!

Last week ET introduced transgender entertainer ALEXIS ARQUETTE to a quartet of unique individuals in Hollywood for a transgender transformation summit. The group all had one thing in common -- they were once all men: JACKIE, the girl next door; REINA, the housewife; SASHIA, the vixen; and DONNA, the soccer mom who used to be a dad.

As ET's transgender series continues, the girls recount botched plastic surgery stories -- and the mistake that left Reina scarred and wanting to end her life!

"I was so caught up in [the idea that] you had to be perfect," says Reina. "At the time I was a dancer and I also modeled and stuff, and unfortunately I ran into a situation of having some cosmetic work done, and the result was really, really bad. I went through a lot of suicidal feelings at the time, and 'til this day it's very emotional for me."

Reina says she had enhancements done with injections at a "pumping party," where individuals gather to have silicone injected into various body parts, from their face and lips to their breasts, thighs and posteriors.

Unfortunately, she says the "doctor" administering the injections wasn't really a doctor, and it wasn't done in a hospital.

"These pumping parties are very dangerous," she confesses. "I was very young -- I was like 19 -- and it was actually done at a house."

"It's done with industrial-grade silicone," adds Jackie.

"I'm still scarred from this situation," says Reina. "Anyone that's going to have any kind of surgery done, anything cosmetic, should be very careful and make sure the doctor is FDA approved."

"Why do you think people push themselves and endanger their bodies?" asks Alexis. "Do you agree that you have to be really okay emotionally to have physical work done on yourself?"

"I find too many people are looking for quick fixes and they think they are going to find it at the end of a scalpel or at the end of a needle," says Donna. "Many of us learn it the hard way; that we're never going to be the fantasy people we envisioned when we close our eyes at night, and part of it is simply coming to peace with that. I think that people really need to understand that the physical changes are part of the congruency, but they're not the be all end all."

"Yes," agrees Alexis. "There is a saying that sexuality is between the ears and gender is between the legs."

"You're an adult; you have your own decisions and choices to make [about] your life," says Sashia. "Don't take your friend's advice, don't take your girlfriend's advice -- listen to your doctor in whatever you are having done, whether it's facial injections [or what have you]."

"If you really don't do the research yourself, then you are just playing with your life," concludes Reina. "I had to go through therapy, and I had reconstructive surgery, and it was a long process."

Watch ET for the next installment of Alexis Arquette's transgender transformation summit!

To learn more about transgender issues, go to:

GLAAD (www.glaad.org)

National Center for Transgender Equality (www.nctequality.org)

www.donnarose.com

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Thank you for that information, it will be helpful
    to the Sisterhood.

One shouldn't have to die or be disfigured in the
    quest for beauty.

Professional Poster

So how is someone supposed to know if they are getting pumped with Industrial or Medical grade Silicone?

Platinum Poster

ty so much for this post i wanted to see it but totally forgot about it.. just now starting!!

ooh denise and richie split.. denise must be a total bitch or something her relationships dont last

charlie
    heather
    now richie

boo hoo

Veteran Poster

gawd did anyone see the one girl that had been going to the silicon pumping parties?

Platinum Poster

what a waste of 30secs of my life... i said it in the othe ET post and ill say it again in this one... this whole ET/ TS thing they have going sux. too short to get anything across to viewers but flashy pictures for a hot minute.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I ran across this in my travels.

WHERE IS BIO-ALCAMID USED?

BIO-ALCAMID™ is used to correct all types of secondary imperfections caused by soft tissue deficit, in post-traumatic injuries and post-surgery
    scars, serious congenital facial and body microgenia and also cosmetic applications.

BIO-ALCAMID™ is also the ideal implant for defining the lip outline and correcting volumetric face deficits of the cheekbones, chin, jaw etc...

Unlike other fillers, BIO-ALCAMID™ can be used to correct severe and large soft tissue deficits without any risk due to its biocompatibility

http://www.bioalcamid.com/faq.htm

http://www.google.com/search?source=...=Google+Search