Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default why do we care so much about celebrities?

The today show has up to the minute news on Paris hilton's sentence, but I have not heard Darfur or Sudan cross any of their lips.

why are we more in fatuated with I love New York 2 on VH1 than solving the crisis in Iraq?

Are you fascinated with celebrities?
    why?
    penis?

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Rookie Poster

I have better things to do than care about someone else's life other than my family and friends.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mishra101
    I have better things to do than care about someone else's life other than my family and friends.
    but so many other people think differently, why?

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

actually no one really gives a fuck except for those that make money on ratings and publishing sales

if you locked up every tv exec, news editor, and paparazzi photographer for a week the rest of the world would produce some of the best news ever in existence

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by General Disarray
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishra101
    but so many other people think differently, why?
    Jealousy\bored. Have you ever just wanted to stare at someone to see what they were doing and or how they acted? Well on TV you can! lol

Because most people like to preoccupy their minds with nonsense, not coming up with solutions to world problems, or even personal ones. That's why.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

WHY DO I CARE ABOUT CELEBRITIES? BECAUSE ALL THE MEDIA ALL THE TIME TELLS ME ABOUT THEM! I'VE COME TO BE ONE WITH THEM, THEY ARE MY FAMILY..............Though they never acknowlege me at the dessert counter of "The Old Country Buffet"............BUT I STILL LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Because people in general are nosy! Star struck, wannabes and loves (craves) drama's. LOL :P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

My grandmother was here yesterday for Mother's Day and had her tabloid paper with her. She said it keeps her stimulated. She is almost 70, though, but you'd never guess to look at her.

Oprah brought this topic up not that long ago and someone said something (if I recall) about us as a society living vicariously through celebs, which is why we know more about Brad and Angelina than we do about international issues. And, of course, the media is a huge factor.

I'm thinking about cutting the evening news out of my life completely. I don't need it for weather, thanks to the "innanets," I certainly don't give a shit about Paris, Britney, Lindsay, whoever else. I get about as much worldly news talking to my 7 year old brother as I do from evening news (exaggerated, yes, but you get my point).

One of the little ironies about the celeb thing is that other countries are very familiar with our celebs, but I don't think the reverse is true outside of niche cliques.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

i noticed that today, so much talk about her.

is anyone else outraged by the little amount of time they gave her? or is that just me?