Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: THUG 4 LYFE

Well, the word "thug" itself is derived from the Thuggee cult once active in northern India, which were a sort of assassin's guild. Of course, this is totally irrelevant, so I'll move on. Now where to begin...
    The "thug" mentality is tied to the need of some men to prove their masculinity to others as well as themselves, and is all about one "keepin' it real". Because pursuing educational and (legitimate) employment opportunities is not "keepin' it real", an individual who embraces the "thug" mentality can avoid confronting the fact they are themselves the biggest impediment to making any real progress in their lives, as they continue to spend their time engaged in all manner of bullshit that leaves them either going in and out of jail, or going nowhere at all. I lived in Trenton, NJ for a few years, and saw the "thug" epidemic grow out of control, to where the Bloods have virtually taken over the inner city there. I have cousins who still live in Trenton, who are convinced I'm a "sell-out" because I want more out of life than to live in a government subsidized rathole in a shit part of town and finance my lifestyle through selling crack and weed to local dope fiends and suburban white kids, as if they are somehow more "black" than I am because they're willing to settle for less, and indeed expect less from themselves than I do.
    Anyway, most girls like "bad boys", especially when those girls are young and inexperienced in life, and "thugs" (real ones, that is) are definitely "bad", in more ways than one. However, when these girls get their minds right and grow up, the overwhelming majority look for a man that has his shit in order and is actually going somewhere in life, leaving behind the low expectation-having "thug", who with the passing of years eventually winds up, if he's lucky, as that forty year old dude riding what is obviously a little girl's bicycle down the street, as the kids half his age drive by. That's where that "thug" bullshit gets you.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Professional Poster

Can't judge a thug by appearance, I've seen some hard looking dudes that were pussies. At the same time I've seen guys like 5'6 wearing a turquiose polo shirt open a can of whoop-ass, UFC style.

But other than that.....not this again!!!

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Quote Originally Posted by General Disarray
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    G you making fun of my hur...You trippn boo
    MAN! I AIN'T NO PUNK ASS BITCH!
    U GUNNA PUT THAT SHIT IN MAH HAND OR R U GUNNA OWE?
    Oh you want me to put it in your hand huh? What you gonna do with it?
    wait, what's in my hand now?
    lol
    ohhhhh
    well I thought we were talking about hostess cupcakes
    I suppose I would strike up a casual conversation and ask you to accompany to a night on the town
    thats just a waste of time lets get down to business

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Gee, last week was post op appreciation week.

This week, must be 'thug appreciation week'.

All I'm gonna say is "y'all gonna make me lose
    my mind, up in here, 'fo real'.

Perhaps in the land of 'dungeons and dragons'
    where the fair maiden in the tower has a 'victim'
    complex, does every woman want a 'bad boy'.

Maybe, on the Springer, Dr Phil, or Bobby and Whitney
    show, do all women want a bad boy.

Yes, some women are dysfunctional, perhaps masochistic,
    and feel that bad love is better than no love.

But any emotionally and spiritually healthy woman is going
    to want the guy that will treat her right.

Give me a 'square' that goes to work every day over the
    guy that is constantly beating me, arguing with me,
    disrespecting me.

Give me the bus driver over the guy who is 'slinging'
    on the corner wearing a ton of bling, who is always
    calling me at 3 in the morning to come bail him out,
    if he calls at all.

I'd prefer the school teacher to the rapper, who has been
    shot so many times, he sets off the metal detector at the
    airport when we travel, and is fucking all the groupies.

I'm down with the computer technician who laughs with me,
    cries with me, talks things through with me. I' rather have him
    than the bad boy, who if he raises his hand to me one more time,
    fucks my sister, my cousin, or one of my friends ,one more time,
    will find that's, the last time.

Maybe 'girls' want 'bad boys', but 'real women', want 'real men'.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Well, the word "thug" itself is derived from the Thuggee cult once active in northern India, which were a sort of assassin's guild. Of course, this is totally irrelevant, so I'll move on. Now where to begin...

The "thug" mentality is tied to the need of some men to prove their masculinity to others as well as themselves, and is all about one "keepin' it real". Because pursuing educational and (legitimate) employment opportunities is not "keepin' it real", an individual who embraces the "thug" mentality can avoid confronting the fact they are themselves the biggest impediment to making any real progress in their lives, as they continue to spend their time engaged in all manner of bullshit that leaves them either going in and out of jail, or going nowhere at all. I lived in Trenton, NJ for a few years, and saw the "thug" epidemic grow out of control, to where the Bloods have virtually taken over the inner city there.

I have cousins who still live in Trenton, who are convinced I'm a "sell-out" because I want more out of life than to live in a government subsidized rathole in a shit part of town and finance my lifestyle through selling crack and weed to local dope fiends and suburban white kids, as if they are somehow more "black" than I am because they're willing to settle for less, and indeed expect less from themselves than I do.

Anyway, most girls like "bad boys", especially when those girls are young and inexperienced in life, and "thugs" (real ones, that is) are definitely "bad", in more ways than one.

However, when these girls get their minds right and grow up, the overwhelming majority look for a man that has his shit in order and is actually going somewhere in life, leaving behind the low expectation-having "thug", who with the passing of years eventually winds up, if he's lucky, as that forty year old dude riding what is obviously a little girl's bicycle down the street, as the kids half his age drive by. That's where that "thug" bullshit gets you
    ^Co-sign ^

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    those were not thugs, but the whole thug thing does turn me on! I have a couple in my collection, sometimes thugs and transexuals can relate on many levels, as we are both outcasts to general society. Oh and they have better weed connects!
    so basically what you are saying is that a thug who can whine & bitch about how miserable it is day to day and then roll up a blunt and temporarily smoke their mental pain away is someone you can relate to better than that guy working a 9-5?
    Nah, jus we do what we do how we do it. We can relate on SOME levels better than said "average" joe with the wife and kids and the office job. We fight to survive, we get dirty looks and scuffed at by those guys who have 9-5 jobs, and this post I thought was supposed to be light and fun, not a deep ass psyco analasis of hugs and what type of men ts are attracted too, if it was, i'm shure he would have choosen a pic of a real thug and not the wanna be thugs.
    you are too kind

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Junior Poster

G you making fun of my hur...You trippn boo
    MAN! I AIN'T NO PUNK ASS BITCH!
    U GUNNA PUT THAT SHIT IN MAH HAND OR R U GUNNA OWE?
    Oh you want me to put it in your hand huh? What you gonna do with it?
    wait, what's in my hand now?
    lol
    ohhhhh
    well I thought we were talking about hostess cupcakes
    I suppose I would strike up a casual conversation and ask you to accompany to a night on the town
    thats just a waste of time lets get down to business
    Alright!
    Stock exchange tyme!
    (I'm not good at dirty talk)

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!

Junior Poster

thread is dead

Platinum Poster

Oh and they have better weed connects!
    Obviously you don't know any surfers, toots....

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Pffft.

Nothing new, been around since the beginning of time. The last 'thugs" you might be acquainted with here in America were the Mafia.

Btw, this recent incarnation, they've become ridiculous. They're like some sort of parody of thugs. You want "thugs" go back to the time of Crack when the shiat started taking shape. Those were scarey-ass thugs. What you have today is a bunch of posers. "Keepin' it real" they ain't.