Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    BBQ rule 1: True BBQ is cooked over wood or charcoal, gas grills are for amateurs.

BBQ rule 2: Always use a charcoal chimney or similar method to start your fire, lighter fluid is for amateurs.
    Co-Sign

BBQ rule 1: True BBQ is cooked over wood or charcoal, gas grills are for amateurs.
    To his credit, my brother-in-law uses charcoal. Unfortunately, in keeping with my inability to cook most things well (the English side of my family is truly cursed in this regard), I'm a gas grill guy. Doh!!!!!!!

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    To his credit, my brother-in-law uses charcoal. Unfortunately, in keeping with my inability to cook most things well (the English side of my family is truly cursed in this regard), I'm a gas grill guy. Doh!!!!!!!

-Quinn
    Gas grills are what the "average joe" uses cause thats the most common type of grill you'll find in an hardware store. It still is OK and does the job... but once you've tryed a good charcoal or wood grill you won't ever go back. I love the flavour you get when cooking over wood. The smoke gives your meal an exceptional taste.

Veteran Poster

i do bbq with hot water and ramen noodles....chicken flavor.
    i spice it up a little with sausage

Platinum Poster

I will concede that gas is convenient, the old school methods take more time, but that's half the fun for me!

And if you haven't tried BBQ tuna, it's great...no rub needed, just a basting with your favorite sauce...I think that the vinegary Carolina styles suit BBQ tuna best.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Make some beef brisket im there & tsntx you must go mad then in bbq mad state lol

Platinum Poster

And as far as chicken goes, I smoke whole chickens with rosemary branches and pecan shells and it's off the charts!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

I was just thinking about this.... I just started a new job as a wine/liquor consultant/seller for the Quebec association of wines and alcools. What are your favorite wines when you BBQ, if you drink it with chicken or with steak.
    I've personnaly discovered a really good Australian Semillon-chardonnay named Jacob's creek wich is pretty cheap and matches perfectly with lemon marinated chicken. I also love the Weingarten wine from Alsace,France wich is great with chicken but it is a little more expensive. For a good steak with pepper sauce I like to drink some Palandri, cabernet-sauvignon/merlot. Any other wine enthusiasts? I'd like to have some feedback on this to try some new wines and be able to suggest them to customers. I'd also like to know what you look for "in a wine" for this type of meal.

I will concede that gas is convenient, the old school methods take more time, but that's half the fun for me!

And if you haven't tried BBQ tuna, it's great...no rub needed, just a basting with your favorite sauce...I think that the vinegary Carolina styles suit BBQ tuna best.
    Tuna! Yeah! And salmon, uhuh, whole side of salmon right on there with some nice herb butter to baste, yup yup. Langoustines (big prawns) good too......Sorry, gotta go eat!

Professional Poster

I'm a fan of Brazilian/Argentine style Rodizio and a steak with Chimichurri on the side!

As far as American style, gotta give it up to Texas style, I could eat a brisket w/ a good sauce, beans and cole slaw every day for a year.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips