Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default (Off Topic) Barbecue

Today, I'm going to Connecticut for a barbecue at my brother-in-law’s place. The guy makes what I consider to be some of the best barbecued chicken anywhere. The sauce he makes to put on the chicken is just ridiculously good, which certainly contributes to barbecued chicken (not to mention his barbecued venison sausage) being one of my top-ten favorite foods.

What's the point of my inane, non-transsexual oriented blathering? It's this: what is your favorite barbecued food? Does anyone have any good recipes that they care to share?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barbecue_210.jpg 
Views:	1164 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	97661  

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Can I come with you? That way we could argue about Giuliani and get some good BBQ.

Veteran Poster

Pork tenderloin is my favorite. I like to experiment with different marinades/rubs. Just be careful not to cook it too much and dry it out.

Platinum Poster

i hate bbq

Veteran Poster

the endless beer cooler is always nice...even if it is nady ice

A barbeque must include burgers and dogs, or else I'm not satisfyed. forget all the fancy expensive stuff people throw on the grill. and don't forget the buns.
    The only other thing I require is baked beans, and the brand must be Heinz. My sister jazzes them up with brown sugar, ketsup (also must be Heinz), and dijon mustard. throw them in the oven for 10 minutes.
    cole slaw/potatoe salad is optional.

its not really a saucey food, but its cooked at bbq's and thats any kind of bratwurst. boiled, steamed, and grilled, favorite food. ever.

http://49226433.gabbly.com/gabbly/cw.jsp?e=1&t=http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewforum.php?f=1'

I'm usually in there(Tawnie)~ come say Hi.

Rookie Poster

I usualy wait till the rib steaks or t-bones go on sale and go out and buy like 20 for the whole summer. I go and see the butcher and ask him to cut them so that they are 1" thick. I also like some good beef tournedos and spicy texan chicken breasts. A good combinaison of potatoes, carrots, oignons and any other vegetable mixed up with some chicken flavored bovril all placed in an aluminium plate on the grill makes a good side dish.

Platinum Poster

BBQ rule 1: True BBQ is cooked over wood or charcoal, gas grills are for amateurs.

BBQ rule 2: Always use a charcoal chimney or similar method to start your fire, lighter fluid is for amateurs.

I'd like to add more, and maybe I will later, but I've got some yardwork to take care of, and then I'm firing up my smoker grill...

And if you want to experience real pork BBQ, you gotta head south...NC or SC, with an honorable mention to Tennessee...unless you want BBQ brisket, go to Texas for that...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    Can I come with you? That way we could argue about Giuliani and get some good BBQ.
    LOL... That would be cool as hell.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.