Professional Poster

Default Phuket places to stay

So if one would like a pleasant stay in Phuket, were should I book a SECURE room?? Preferably one with a hot tub? Usually I hit the one at the local Bally's after work and after a long day of walking around the city I think ill need it lol. Ive got 2-4 weeks of vacation time coming unless i convert some to cash.

Also;

What is the current exchange rate and what should i expect to pay for some common services?

How to get from BBK to Phuket? Plane again?

What is the weather like in August?? August is my birthday month so thats when im planning on going.

How much does it cost to hire a GG or LB guide for a week or three so i dont get ripped off mercilessly for being an idiot farang??

Ive looked at LB-69's forums but i cant say i understand much of it...Seems to be mainly written from the perspective of people who are already familiar.

sorry man but Phuket aint my area of expertise but here are my suggestions:

weather in august: do a Google...rains alot anytime,but be aware that many girls migrate to BKK to work in the lo-season.

Phuket is also super hot and humid naturally so a hottub is like requesting ice cubes in an igloo...again Google it.

Exchange rate is stupid bad right now,worse its been in over 15 years or so...34 to 1 usd and falling.

Most airlines incl Thai Air,Bangkok Air,and Phuket Air fly from BKK into Phuket...Bangkok air and thai air are both real nice carriers.

Regarding your idea to hire a girl for a few weeks....

While many men "fall in love" the first night in Thailand my suggestion to you is try the flavors out before you make the purchase.There are so many girls its silly really,and the thought of being stuck the whole trip w/ a girl you met on night one kinda sucks....unless of course you fall in love easily then....knock your socks off!
    The only suggestion I can make is dont go back to the same bar you pulled a girl from previously and find another...Thai pride AKA "Face" is a nasty thing and can cause you unwelcome drama.

Professional Poster

So August/september is the low season gotcha. What makes it the low season?

So no hot tub needed then huh?? Just a sit in the ocean or whatever is enough?

Yes, I did read that the exchange rate had fallen really low for the US dollar, and its happening across all the currencies... The US economy is so close to recession the fed reserve doesnt know WHAT is a bigger concern right now. Gas and Housing are going to cause us to crash.

So definetly take a plane from BBK...noted.

As far as a guide goes, i dont want to umm...do anything with the girl, I read that there are just girls who will travel with you and be tour guides...make sure your not getting ripped off and whatnot.

I wasnt looking to bring anyone home with me lol.. I guess its not really needed though if you do enough searching on what you should really be paying for stuff.

Rookie Poster

Last time I was there I stayed at the amanta House hotel. It was about 4000Bhat a night for a suite. It had a Jacuzzi tub.

Frank

Thanks,
    Frank
    franks-tgirlworld.com

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Phuket places to stay

What are the other spots besides Cocktails&Dreams?