Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 28 Weeks Later

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabuki
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Better than "Grindhouse", or no?
    I wouldn't compare it to Grindhouse. Grindhouse was more comical in both segments of the movie. As well as the intermission part of the film.

More people would probably appreciate this film over Grindhouse. It's not campy like Grindhouse. It seems like some people didn't enjoy the campy aspect of Grindhouse. If you liked the Evil Dead films, you should've enjoyed Grindhouse.
    That's good news in itself-- I like my horror horrifying, not campy (although I did enjoy the Evil Dead films). But we've been through all this before. At any rate, thanks for the tip. Did I mention that I caught Red Road this week? Intense, haunting. Don't miss it.
    Did anyone catch "The Host"? Or has this film already been discussed too?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

I think it's been discussed, but yeah, I've seen it. You can score a cheap DVD on eBay. It's excellent-- a little slow, and every bit as political as the original Godzilla (with a very populist message), but well worth watching. If nothing else, it's nice to see that someone can actually make a giant monster film in the 21st century and have it be literate, nail-biting, socially conscious, and so forth. Well worth watching. Even if only for the great blend of CGI and actors-- best I've seen in any Asian film, and right up there with the LOTR films.

While it's in a different vein entirely, if you haven't seen the film "Battle Royale", I'd advise you to check it out. That's all I've got...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

That might be all you've got, but I haven't seen it. So that's something. Gracias.

While it's in a different vein entirely, if you haven't seen the film "Battle Royale", I'd advise you to check it out. That's all I've got...
    I own Battle Royale, and I own the book that it's based off. The book is so much better than the film. You can find copies of the book at Barnes and Noble. Check it out.

They also made a manga series from the book, and there's a sequel to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuki
    I own Battle Royale, and I own the book that it's based off. The book is so much better than the film. You can find copies of the book at Barnes and Noble. Check it out.

They also made a manga series from the book, and there's a sequel to the movie.
    The sequel is nowhere near as good as the original, just so you know if you plan to check it out. And as for the book... thanks. I'll have to pick it up.

Junior Poster

I just came back from seeing the movie. It was OKAY, but not great. I hate it when they torture the audience with stupid characters. Supurb cinematography through out the entire movie, i'll give it that. Also, I like the song "In the house - In a heartbeat" but I felt it was a bit overused in this one. It blended perfectly in the first scene, but after that they should have moved on to another song.

Memories don't live like people do.....