Default Search function Fixed.

Is it just me, or does the search not appear to work? It keeps saying "no posts meet your criteria" etc, even though I know that what i'm looking for exists

Rookie Poster

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.

This site needs to advertise WAY MORE. I Forgot the URL for about 2 years, and intense searching took that long to refind it.

Still Here 5 Star Poster

It all depends on what you are searching for and what phrases you enter. Certain words have been programmed in as stopwords to stop bots

You are correct. It's broken.
    We're rebuilding the index but it takes time. Should be back to normal soon.

It's fixed

5 Star Poster

OK about 4/5 times when I post, it just hangs and goes off to la la land. I think you need to optimize your forum database. It's pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    OK about 4/5 times when I post, it just hangs and goes off to la la land. I think you need to optimize your forum database. It's pretty easy.
    OK, you want to talk about hot girls? Who else but Vicki would so casually toss off a line about optimizing your database and say it's pretty easy? You're so cool you're hot, Vicki.

BTW, I agree with you. I know from running forums using phpBB and MySQL that searches can tank easily. The set up tends to create lots of child processes that tank the system; we ran scripts which would automatically restart MySQL when it started to tank, but the problem completely disappeared with the shift to FUDforum, which imho is far superior to phpBB.