Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default New Guns N' Roses song leaks - "Chinese Democracy"

"Rice is good when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." -- Mitch Hedberg

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

They played a long-ass acoustic set at my friend's bday party. It did rock. And I got to see Tommy Hilfigger thrown out on his ass. Yeah...that was a good night.

Theyve been leaking Chinese Democracy for like 5 years now....honestly at this point....who cares??

Spaghetti Incident was a bargain bin filler almost upon release and I doubt highly that the new stuff,if it ever does in fact come out will be in the Kmart 3.99 bin too....

The first 4 albums were classic but too much ego,drugs and money doomed the classic GnR lineup...all you have now are dudes so desperate for a paycheck they are willing to put up with William's antics....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Junior Poster

Spaghetti Incident was covers of old punk songs.. you can't compare that to original material.

thats my point...a CD of mostly obscure tracks was their last release.
    Gone:Steve Adler,Duff,Slash,Izzy and Matt Sorum...
    Gone: 14 years...FOURTEEN YEARS...I mean if they were a viable band they couldve put out minimum of 7 albums or more in that time....to me its quite obvious that they are done.

Id love to be proven wrong and would gladly eat humble pie in exchange for a kick ass album,but most likely they will be like the Stones,a band way past their prime hanging around playing their classics for that dope money....but at least the stones still have their original members for the most part.

Understand that im from LA and Steven and I used to hang out alot,Axl prior to fame was a very cool,honest and sensitive person and its sad to see what couldve been one of the greatest bands ever end up as they have,where a dude who wears a KFC bucket on his head couldnt even put up w/ the BS....

Prediction in 10 years GnR will be opening for Quiet Riot at LA bar-mitzvahs

Platinum Poster

I always thought that they were overrated...and I mean waaay overrated.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    thats my point...a CD of mostly obscure tracks was their last release.
    Gone:Steve Adler,Duff,Slash,Izzy and Matt Sorum...
    Gone: 14 years...FOURTEEN YEARS...I mean if they were a viable band they couldve put out minimum of 7 albums or more in that time....to me its quite obvious that they are done.

Id love to be proven wrong and would gladly eat humble pie in exchange for a kick ass album,but most likely they will be like the Stones,a band way past their prime hanging around playing their classics for that dope money....but at least the stones still have their original members for the most part.

Understand that im from LA and Steven and I used to hang out alot,Axl prior to fame was a very cool,honest and sensitive person and its sad to see what couldve been one of the greatest bands ever end up as they have,where a dude who wears a KFC bucket on his head couldnt even put up w/ the BS....

Prediction in 10 years GnR will be opening for Quiet Riot at LA bar-mitzvahs
    Hey.. it took Brian Wilson 38 years to release "Smile". Trent Reznor took off five years in between every Nine Inch Nails album. The mainstream demand is still there for GNr and that's why I think they'll be successful whenever the album DOES come out.

Junior Poster

By the time it comes out the fanbase will be on Social Security.

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    My sentiments exactly. Slash is no Jimmy Page....in fact he seemed to me to be a garden variety blooze rock player. I grew up listening to evrything from the amazing pop of the Beatles and the Beach Boys to Neil Young, Floyd and Zepplin, not to mention having my mind blown by early Yes and Rush. These guys were capable of being both heavier than GnR and being sensitive and poetic at the same time. To me the GnR emperor never had many clothes on. The November Rain video was just embarrassing. Although Stephanie Seymour's calendar used to be up in my band's practice space for inspiration...

Not to just come in and stink up the thread....but c'mon. What exactly was this band's big contribution to rock? "Well, they made hard rock cool again." I'd beg to differ. Maybe to people who missed out on Hendrix and Zappa and thought Cinderella and Stryper was the shit.

I've asked people here in Portland, a town known for its music, who's the must-see guitarist around. "Uh...can't think of any." Death Cab, the Decemberists and the Shins are kings of the hill here. From what I can tell, the best guitarist and songwriter I've heard from here is dead - Elliot Smith.

To me, rock from Joni Mitchell to Zepplin set the stage for a popular culture that made kids into better people. You sat around with the album covers and read lyrics that made you think. Twenty years later, the art form got tired and cheesy, a mere soundtrack for raising hell and getting laid. I was too young to experience the sixties and seventies as many did...and for that I'm sorry. But music is pretty good right now if you dig deeply enough. I opened for a guy named Eric Bachman a few weeks ago. He fronted Archers of Loaf. His stuff had me rooted to the floor.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    They were acting like some bad boys and heartbreakers..... they were posers and not serious musicians like Zeppelin was. Slash is a good guitar player but nothing when you compare him to other guitar players like Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo, Frank Gambale, Jimmy Page and even Eddie Van Halen if you want to stay in borders of the "mainstream", although Frank Gambale ainīt mainstream . Guns N Roses were a band for girls...... it was like the finally got a band for themselves.