View Poll Results: Do you think spending on U.S. military efforts in Iraq should be contingent on the Iraqi government

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

2 40.00%
  • I'm not sure

1 20.00%
    Gold Poster

Default Setting Benchmarks

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Sunday that President Bush will not support a war spending bill that punishes the Iraqi government for failing to meet benchmarks for progress, such as allocating oil resources and expanding democratic participation. (AP)

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i don't think our withdraw should be contingent on benchmarks, but certainly our continued spending on Iraq should be.

bush says that deadlines tell the enemy how long they have to wait and he said benchmarks do the same!!! benchmarks tell our allies what we expect of them, and there is nothing wrong about that.

i happened to favor deadline for withdraw as well. we are engaged in a vain attempt to keep the warring parties in a civil war at bay. in the attempt we are losing 4 to 5 brave American soldiers every day...not factoring in how many are permanently maimed and disabled. we are failing. we will continue to fail. in my opinion we should get and and let them have their civil war.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    i don't think our withdraw should be contingent on benchmarks, but certainly our continued spending on Iraq should be.

we are failing. we will continue to fail. in my opinion we should get and and let them have their civil war.
    this is opinion of most of europe i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    God told me to go after Jennifer Justice.

I didnt need god to tell me though.

Jen, I'm courting you. Just talk to me! I'm a good man. 5 minutes and then hang up on me.