Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I slam, you slam, we all slam for Islam!

Okay, I just made that up. I thought it was funny.

-Tara

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J
    fuck them and you guys for defending these backward abusive fuckers..hey i feel like MEGA here its fun
    Hey I feel your rage.....it starts there, when one recognizes how truly fucked shit is in this world...but hopefully you will evolve to see beyond what you are fed through the media..........

.....ahhh Tara.......thanks for your insightful comment........go make a costume - or something - based on it..............

Quote Originally Posted by J
    theres a reason why the west has evolved and has skyscrapers and technology and bridges and these muslim counries have camels and shit and tents...its because theyre evil fuckin people who use all their energy and power to control woman and minorities and keep their own people down...good, all praise great allah...
    Interesting...all of the technological evolution of the West since the Renaissance has been built upon the tremendous intellectual evolution of the Islamic world between 900 and 1400 AD, from al-chemy (misunderstood by Medieval Europe but developing into modern chemistry), al-gebra (note the Arabic origin of these names), astronomy, medicine, physics, philosophy, linquistics, literature. In virtually all fields of intellectual endeavor and evolution, the Islamic culture flourished, utterly surpassing all prior civilizations in many areas and laying the foundations of modern science. Camels and shit? Hardly. Spain under Moorish rule was tolerant and open, and Medieval Jewry had its greatest flowering there, epitomized by the writings of Maimomedes (Guide for the Perplexed), but when the Moors were ousted by the Christians, the Jews had to either convert or were exiled. Tolerance ceased and oppression, in the form of the Inquisition, took hold.

Yes, civilizations move in cyclic patterns, and while there continue to be great intellectual movements in the Islamic world, as a culture they have slipped and the West has ascended. But nothing is permanent.

As for Islamic treatment of women, let alone the transgendered or homosexuals, yes there is a lot of room for improvement, but the same can be said of most institutions, religious or not. When Mohammed founded Islam, women were far more supressed than they are today, having less worth than camels, being unable to inherit or own property, and possessing little if any social status. Islam improved their lot tremendously. It's not as black and white as you indicate, J (not that there isn't merit to your criticisms; there is, but there's more to it than that).

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Emory
    I slam, you slam, we all slam for Islam!
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream
    .....ahhh Tara.......thanks for your insightful comment........go make a costume - or something - based on it..............
    I can just see Tara in hijab...but very little of her, lol. It would make an interesting outfit to strip tease out of, though.