Veteran Poster

Default Has Anyone Watched Disturbia?

I'm just curious whether anyone else watched this moronic film. I made the mistake of watching it this weekend and was very appauled at how bad American filmmaking has become.
    I don't understand how screenwriters make such a big deal about how many times they have to re-write scripts before getting a greenlight to shoot a picture when all they seem to churn up is the most vile garbage obviously aimed at dumbing down society. It compeletely boogles me how cine-literate films die while the dumbest idea wins majority favorite. I'm not making a direct comparison with box-office profit and talent, I'm just wondering why people like to watch crap? Do most people think of film as some mindless entertainment escapade, or is it that they view life with such a narrow minded golf ball sized mentality that it's easier to wade through shallow waters?

Thoughts?

"gotcha. it's cool. was kind of confusing. i'm not gay, but that is a good pic of you" yngtxmale24: "straight" male to another "straight" male

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Re: Has Anyone Watched Disturbia?

Quote Originally Posted by crayons
    I'm just curious whether anyone else watched this moronic film. I made the mistake of watching it this weekend and was very appauled at how bad American filmmaking has become.
    I don't understand how screenwriters make such a big deal about how many times they have to re-write scripts before getting a greenlight to shoot a picture when all they seem to churn up is the most vile garbage obviously aimed at dumbing down society. It compeletely boogles me how cine-literate films die while the dumbest idea wins majority favorite. I'm not making a direct comparison with box-office profit and talent, I'm just wondering why people like to watch crap? Do most people think of film as some mindless entertainment escapade, or is it that they view life with such a narrow minded golf ball sized mentality that it's easier to wade through shallow waters?

Thoughts?
    As a screenwriter, allow me to chime in.

You start off with a script you believe in, that you poured your heart and soul into. It's beautiful. Investors and producers come along. They want changes. Actors get involved. They want more changes. Director has his/her vision. More Changes. And at the end of the day all the changes end up as a shiat screenplay made into a shiat movie.

So, screenwriters make a big deal about it because we have to see what was beautiful, something we created, turned into crap by a bunch of people who more often than not don't know their ass from their elbow.

How's that?

5 Star Poster

1. Everything you said is true...but the fact that you're getting so worked up about this silly film is the kind of thing that makes me think think that you really are the 18-20 year old girl linked to your picture. Not that anything wrong with that.

2. There has always been lowbrow and highbrow culture. Seek out what you like - let the hoopleheads have their tractor pulls.

3. Yes, mass culture probably contributes to dumbing down society....when you think of the fact that people were discussing and developing great things thousands of years ago, it's hard to say that the human race progresses in any kind of way that lasts. It would seem societies will always rise and fall.
    We're over the hill.

4. If you were my girlfriend, I'd get a thrill out of simply waking up next to you and watching you sleep. What a face.

5. Certain things about your stated sexual past don't jibe; your profile states you've had under half a dozen lovers...but you've had a threesome? And sex with other girls? However, if you have a dvd of any of these activities and send them to me c/o Suckseed's Funhouse, RR3, Taintickle Rd, Portland, OR 97217, and prove me wrong, I'll hand deliver a fresh gardenia to your Georgia home, pin it to your shirt and suck on your toes to demonstrate my apologies.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Has Anyone Watched Disturbia?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat

As a screenwriter, allow me to chime in.

You start off with a script you believe in, that you poured your heart and soul into. It's beautiful. Investors and producers come along. They want changes. Actors get involved. They want more changes. Director has his/her vision. More Changes. And at the end of the day all the changes end up as a shiat screenplay made into a shiat movie.

So, screenwriters make a big deal about it because we have to see what was beautiful, something we created, turned into crap by a bunch of people who more often than not don't know their ass from their elbow.

How's that?
    Then why not be content with a fee for "a story by" instead of fighting the Guild for "written by" credit if it hurts you so bad? And also, why not write or sell certain scripts to more independent directors/producers instead of turning up this schlock for studios?

"gotcha. it's cool. was kind of confusing. i'm not gay, but that is a good pic of you" yngtxmale24: "straight" male to another "straight" male

5 Star Poster

$$$

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    1. Everything you said is true...but the fact that you're getting so worked up about this silly film is the kind of thing that makes me think think that you really are the 18-20 year old girl linked to your picture. Not that anything wrong with that.
    It's not just this film, it's every film that has come out this year. Did you watch 300?

2. There has always been lowbrow and highbrow culture. Seek out what you like - let the hoopleheads have their tractor pulls.
    Majority likes shit. I want to know why!

4. If you were my girlfriend, I'd get a thrill out of simply waking up next to you and watching you sleep. What a face.
    Now you're talking, though can you wake up between my legs?

5. Certain things about your stated sexual past don't jibe; your profile states you've had under half a dozen lovers...but you've had a threesome? And sex with other girls? However, if you have a dvd of any of these activities and send them to me c/o Suckseed's Funhouse, RR3, Taintickle Rd, Portland, OR 97217, and prove me wrong, I'll hand deliver a fresh gardenia to your Georgia home, pin it to your shirt and suck on your toes to demonstrate my apologies.

5 Star Poster

Why is the mainstream easily amused? I think it's because impressing each other seems to be the important thing. If enough people are flocking to a thing, many will follow, and so it goes. Isn't it true that free thinkers enjoy solitary pursuits more?

I wouldn't have to be asked twice to make it waking up between your legs.
    I'll tell you something. Back when I was a few days shy of my seventeenth birthday, a woman 10 years older than me suddenly took me to bed (it later turned out she'd been drinking and had eaten a quaalude, and thought I was my older brother.) This was in Gainesville, notable only for its proximity to Lake Lanier, source of drinking water for Atlanta. As excited as I was to have sex, I was even more excited to go down on her. She was an enthusiastic teacher, and I was in heaven. That's still among my favorite things to do, and with a girl like you..um, yeah. What can I say. I've spent twenty five years learning all the subtleties of cunnilingus. Making a lover happy does it for me.

Thanks for the video...I've been hearing that song...nice to put a face to the voice. She's got talent.

Veteran Poster

I actually enjoyed the film.

Reality is perception.