Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Mace gotta love it

Ok I know it sounds crazy but.......I always keep mace on my keep chain. When I lived in MN I used to live in a downtown area and well you just never knew who you were gonna run into at 3AM when walking to your front door.

I have pulled it out a several times when accosted alone late at night but have only used it a few times. One time on a drunk trick. I told him he was too drunk and it wasn't gonna happen and he didnt like that answer and grabbed my arm and pushed me down on his bed. So hard he gave me bruises on my arm. I reached for my little friend and well.....he did this little blind eye dance as me and my friend hit it. Then once on an ex-bf.....long story.

So tonight the mace came in handy..........its a long story but all I can say is a girl should never leave home with out it.

What girls on here carry mace, and who has ever used it?

Well, mace can definitely come in handy, even for a guy who has some pugilistic skills, I'll tell you what. I used mace once on a pitbull, and another time on a crackhead... military mace, that is. Once I'd used it on the crackhead, would you believe I had an idiot moment? I decided I wanted to know what it felt like to be sprayed with military mace! So, I had a friend give me a short burst, making sure to keep my eyes closed. Well, I'm not a light skinned black man, and my face was visibly red, as well as swollen up like a swarm of bees had attacked me. I also found myself drooling profusely, and had snot dripping from my nose continually. Further, my face burned like it was melting anytime I took it out of coldwater I'd filled the bathroom sink with, but I was forced to pull my face out after finding I couldn't breathe sufficiently using a bendy straw. Anyway, I know that's not a pretty picture, and not what you had in mind when starting this thread, but I just wanted to make the point that if you're going to use mace, use military mace. It dropped the crackhead to his knees in an ungodly howl, and sent the dog running off immediately making a similar sound. Plus, I later found out it'll eat through a styrofoam cup and take the "shine" out of shiny plastic. I'm very lucky therefore to still have a face.

Junior Poster

For civilian carry I used to carry 10% Pepper Spray (O.C.) until they changed the law in Michigan to only allow 2% for civilians (the cops get to use 10%).

Non lethal weapons are great! Even in the class for carrying a concealed weapon they tell you to always carry Pepper spray to use against someone bigger / stronger / younger / tougher that is not armed with a weapon but who could definitely hurt you, as the standerd of use is different. If you feel threatened (you're trapped and are reasonably sure you are in danger of being physically assaulted) then you can use the spray.

Typical online ad for Mace:

www.firsthomesecurity.com/mace/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's why i wear swimming goggles each time i'm on a party. And helmet too.
    'cause you never know when miss Julie's gonna shoot her load

Junior Poster

Sorry to hear about the bad situation you were in but am glad to hear that you are ok.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wendy48088
    For civilian carry I used to carry 10% Pepper Spray (O.C.) until they changed the law in Michigan to only allow 2% for civilians (the cops get to use 10%).
    I'd settle for 2%.
    Even that's Illegal over here.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by wendy48088
    I got to experience the effects of tear gas in the "gas chamber" in boot camp back in 1974. It's to teach you to take this having your gas mask on you at all times and properly donniong and wearing your gas mask stuff seriously. Wonderful stuff - All the effects you describe...

Non lethal weapons are great! Even in the class for carrying a concealed weapon they tell you to always carry Pepper spray to use against someone bigger / stronger / younger / tougher that is not armed with a weapon but who could definitely hurt you, as the standerd of use is different. If you feel threatened (you're trapped and are reasonably sure you are in danger of being physically assaulted) then you can use the spray.

Typical online ad for Mace:

www.firsthomesecurity.com/mace/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Well,
    military "cs" gas doesnt compare to oc spray... but keep in mind its not 100% effective.. other factors are the type of person it is and race.. it is less effective on dark skinned peope (black, and indians), also, if someone has a mindset to do something, the oc spray probably wont stop them no matter what....keep in mind that police are trained regularly, being sprayed and having to do difficult tasks while under the effects of the inflammitory effects.

Unless things have changed, mace/pepperspry is completely illegal for civilians in NYS.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne1
    military "cs" gas doesnt compare to oc spray... but keep in mind its not 100% effective.. other factors are the type of person it is and race.. it is less effective on dark skinned peope (black, and indians)
    Hmmm.... Maybe my post wasn't clear. I am black, and the crackhead I used the mace on was darker skinned than I am. As I said, he immediately went down screeching and covering his eyes. My face, as I said, swole up and was visibly red when I was hit with the mace. While I admit that mace might not be 100% effective (military mace included), if it can incapacitate a crackhead who can otherwise probably feel no pain, I'd say it'll be more than effective enough on pretty much anyone else. Furthermore, I can't see where the other effects I mentioned have anything to do with race with regard to mace, since having eyes and nasal passages aren't particular to any one ethnic group. If it's legal in your area, I would advise you get military mace. That's all I've got...

5 Star Poster

Mace sounds like it would be awesome on chicken wings.