Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Secret

Junior Poster

Default The Secret

Hi Guys-
    While i was in philly i was w/ a very good friend of mines and she recieved a phone call from another TS which was in England and she was telling us about this Book called The Secret, Now im not a book reader never been in my adult life i have only read 1 book completely which is The Champagne Slipper by Joann G Layne. I read that book because its about Tgirls in NYC doing regular Tgirl things and was based on real people which i have meet. the book also tell u about silicone injections and also how to take care of your new silicone body, but she spoke about this book like it was everything, told us it changed her life and hows shes happy now and etc etc... she talk so highly about this book i just had 2 get it. In philly i bought the book looked at it and said to myself "Self why the hell u waste your money!" lol But it was Sooo Boring in VA that i picked up the book and couldnt stop reading it. The Secret is Awesome book, and i say that b/c i lose intrest fast no matter what it is, at 1 point in time i thought i had adult A.D.D( when i tell my mom that she just tells me i smoke 2 much weed.) But not w/ this book. I Havent finished reading it bu i just had 2 share it w/ u guys and girls. Since reading this book i have changed: My Living Situation, My friends and also i have stopped smoking weed (On a Regular Basis).
    I really dont wanna post 2 much until i finish the book but i had wanted 2 know if any1 else read it? Has any1 heard of it? it was spoke about on oprah. Shes done a 2day show on it. i would really like imput. i also just oredered the DVD and Audio tapes. I bought books for my closest dearest friends and all.

so any1?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	secretbook_152.jpg 
Views:	3575 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	94160  

Professional Poster

Well, it's like this: I believe in the law of attraction, karma and other similar beliefs. At the same time though, I believe you have to MAKE things happen and not just think about them. Just thinking about them can lead to disappointment and put you back in the same rut.

It's a new spin on a very old way of thinking. I'm glad you found that train of thought though.

This could turn into an interesting discussion.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    Well, it's like this: I believe in the law of attraction, karma and other similar beliefs. At the same time though, I believe you have to MAKE things happen and not just think about them. Just thinking about them can lead to disappointment and put you back in the same rut.

It's a new spin on a very old way of thinking. I'm glad you found that train of thought though.

Just so I'm clear - this is about inner revolution? Because I'm going through one right now for the better that may stick....for me, physical fitness is a huge key. Treat your body like your lover and you'll love your body and your mind will follow or something like that!

Melanie, you are so cute! lol Thought I'd throw that in there, mami

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by vanished

Just so I'm clear - this is about inner revolution? Because I'm going through one right now for the better that may stick....for me, physical fitness is a huge key. Treat your body like your lover and you'll love your body and your mind will follow or something like that!

No, it's more about, "Think good thoughts and good things will come to you, think negative thoughts and negative things will happen to you." But what you're saying is along those lines.

I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically it in a nutshell. It was discussed about a couple of months ago in the news. A lot of debunkers and critics. I don't think its a bad way of thinking at all.

Junior Poster

Your right TOM!!! I wasnt going 2 comment so soon but being that so many people viewed this Post and only 2 others replied i figured i should. i had posted this topic and kept reading. Actually this stuff we learn as Children but for me it didnt stick with me, and honeslty i find this book very imformative and tells u think Positive and Positive things will happen.
    Im really gladi was told about this book and ill tell u why i was mistaking negativity with fun and living my life and actually iwas being brought down. Being in situations i shouldnt of been in and people i have no right 2 be with.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by vanished

Not to be crude;

But it sounds like you are on the right path

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by xxMelania4uxx
    Your right TOM!!! I wasnt going 2 comment so soon but being that so many people viewed this Post and only 2 others replied i figured i should. i had posted this topic and kept reading. Actually this stuff we learn as Children but for me it didnt stick with me, and honeslty i find this book very imformative and tells u think Positive and Positive things will happen.
    Im really gladi was told about this book and ill tell u why i was mistaking negativity with fun and living my life and actually iwas being brought down. Being in situations i shouldnt of been in and people i have no right 2 be with.
    Exactly, Melania. It's one of those things people like to say is "common sense" but very few people practice. Just like don't buy shit on credit, don't drink and drive, etc.

I was hoping for more discussion on it too, but well....ya know.

I hope good things happen for you though now that you've discovered that book.

thanks for sharing Melania...sounds like an interesting read ...it was nice chatting with y'all last night

Junior Poster

Yea i know Tom, well maybe i threw some Cock Pictures they guys will go crazy... lol

hey pickles... it was cool & fun chatting lastnite wasnt it....

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Quote Originally Posted by xxMelania4uxx
    Exactly, Melania. It's one of those things people like to say is "common sense" but very few people practice. Just like don't buy shit on credit, don't drink and drive, etc.

I was hoping for more discussion on it too, but well....ya know.

I hope good things happen for you though now that you've discovered that book.
    Actually, the only trouble I have with the book/movie/media empire is calling it "The Secret" and making a fortune off of common sense...treat others as you would like to be treated and all of that.

Yeah, I'm a bit cynical when it comes to people claiming wisdom as their own and writing it in a book, but I will say that I think it's great that some people are getting benefits from it...like you, Melania. And I echo Tom's comments and happiness that good things are happening for you...change is always good.