Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Secret

Quote Originally Posted by xxMelania4uxx
    Ill look in2 that Book, I had visited Richmond & Norfolk.... now im in Orlando....
    You were in my neck of the woods in VA. I'm back in that area around Norfolk, and Va. Beach. I just took a trip to Richmond last week. I hope VA didn't treat you too badly.

I'm definitely recommending that book. You may be able to get it for free from any Buddhist organizations. I should have mentioned that as well. When life just seems to annoy me, I read that book. I keep one copy in my car, and one copy at home.

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

[quote="Kabuki"]
    I'm definitely recommending that book. You may be able to get it for free from any Buddhist organizations. I should have mentioned that as well. When life just seems to annoy me, I read that book. I keep one in copy in my car, and one copy at home.
    Ha! do the same thing with the book I mentioned! I actually keep a bunch and even give them to friends that are going through hard times. I think I've single-handedly paid for the author's vacations.

Im really gladi was told about this book and ill tell u why i was mistaking negativity with fun and living my life and actually iwas being brought down. Being in situations i shouldnt of been in and people i have no right 2 be with.
    Melania, you are on the right track and I am proud of you. I have seen here, on this forum, that a lot of negativity can some from some beautiful looking women. And I also remember that from years ago, when I used to hang out.

I remember the specific moment, when I decided that I wanted to marry the woman who has been my wife for twenty years. At that moment, I realized that she was a good person, who delighted in good things. I pictured us in a stable happy life together. At the time I was also seeing an actress, who had a life full of drama, and a lot more negativity.
    The woman I married was also able to see good in me, whereas a lot of tgirls would probably place me in some negative category. You know the names y’all have for men.

One thing I want to say about other posts in this thread is the working on the mind is just the preparation for action, not a substitute. If your mind is prepared before job interview, you will have confidence, you will be upbeat, and it will be easier to talk about your qualities, for example. But also with a positive mind, in that case, you would be talking to more people. Those people in turn, would think of you, and bring opportunities to you.

"The Secret" is very close to a religious philosophy I have practiced for many years.

Veteran Poster

Great thread. Thanks for sharing your experience Melania. I can tell that your comments are genuine and sincere. Even though I don't know you it feels good to hear about a happy moment in your life.

Interesting comments from all here. I wish I had more wisdom to share on this subject. At this point though I am more interested than experienced. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    I know this isn't going to make any sense, but it was only when I stopped thinking that positive change came about. A good place to start for that is meditation. Much peace.
    I wish meditation worked for me, but I can't clear my mind... I'm always thinking about something.
    Here are some techniques I have learned in order to focus in meditation

1. Have a positive thought to focus on, something involving good or God. Keep repeating it until a lot of your other thoughts go away. An example would be to say something like, "I know that there are good things in the universe waiting for me".

2. Gradually stop repeating until you have a ‘clear’ mind to listen to deeper things inside you.

3. These thoughts are often covered up by daily noise and mundane activities. Needless to say, you will need a quiet place to do this.

4. You will get other thoughts also like “I must do my laundry soon.” Do not resist the thought or your energy will go into the resistance. Simple let the thought float by. It will go away. If it is important, it will come back to you when you finish your meditation. Even if a lot of thoughts come up like that you can simply say, "I will focus on these when I am done", and let them go. If necessary refocus on your positive saying.

5. The goal is to clear your mind, in order to listen to listen to your deepest thoughts. If we do not do this, sometimes years will go by and we’ll suddenly realize, that we had always wanted to go back to school and study a particular subject or important things like that. I know this from experience.

6. When those deep desires, or answers surface, you will just know. It’s a feeling I can’t describe other than that. Several ‘important’ things could come up. Write them down when you are finished meditating. Some people say that 15-20 minutes is a good length of time to do it. Buddhist monks can do it for hours, but most of us don’t have that much time. Meditation is a central principle of Buddhism, but anyone could benefit from. I consider myself to be Christian. Christ had his time alone, when communed with God the father.

Do those things that come up during meditation and you will find a true happiness. I am doing some things that I should have done years ago, but I am now happy to be doing something about it.