Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Lots of good Horror Movies already posted. I can't think of a movie that actually scared me all that much, but not long ago I was watching TV late at night and a commercial came on for "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose". That damn preview freaked me out so bad, every time that thing came on after that I had to turn the channel. The part when she's walking down the street, and the normal looking couple walks towards her, and then their faces kinda melt and go all demonical on her.

Fuck that. I never want to see that again.

Even worse, we have a Movie Day every wednesday in our Happy Hour bar at work. Awhile ago the bartender said he was going to play that movie next. I asked him why:

Me: "Why the hell would you play that freaky thing?"

Bartender: "Oh, it's very good, unbelievably disturbing. I still wake up from nightmares in the middle of the night and have to smoke a cigarette just to calm down."

Me: "So you're gonna show it to a bunch of mentally unstable Happy Hour drunks?"

Bartender: "Well, I don't want to be the only person up alone at that hour of the night."

Nice guy.

Still, all time greatest "horror movie" would be, in my opinion: "Henry, Portrait Of A Serial Killer". There are at least two scenes that are very hard to watch, the whole thing just feels dirty and creepy. Very well made low budget flick.

Professional Poster

My top 5 horror movies:

5) Aliens (Horror + Action= teh win!!!)

4) Hellraiser 1 & 2 (Clive Barker's a twisted bastard)

3) Dawn of the Dead- Remake (you knew they were screwed after the first 15 minutes)

2) Invasion of the Body Snatchers- Remake (again...you knew they were screwed early on....that dog with the man's head STILL freaks me out)

1) The Exorcist (nuff said)

Honorable mention: Rosemary's Baby because the first time I saw it...I didn't know what I was watching until halfway through.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

anybody remember nightbreed?
    I always expected a sequel to that.
    Loved it when 'mist lady' slid under the door [but that could be a 'tits' thing ]

I meant like the original ring/grudge etc
    Granted, better than the remake, but....*too* Japanese for western audiences?
    Visitor Q was an ok crime/horror/comedy

Still, all time greatest "horror movie" would be, in my opinion: "Henry, Portrait Of A Serial Killer". There are at least two scenes that are very hard to watch, the whole thing just feels dirty and creepy. Very well made low budget flick.
    Great film, if you can find an uncut copy,
    It's usually butchered

(Clive Barker's a twisted bastard)
    Didn't he write Nightbreed as well?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Up Close And Virtual With Vicki Richter ...................

Oh! Someone has cited Calvaire, grrrrrrr! I hate this movie

I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but strangely I'm watching nearly all the horror flicks released in theaters.

Those I prefer are not necessary the scariest ones, but those with a good and original story, the best directing or those that leaves me with the most emotional feeling at the end.

Some of my top favorites are:
    -28 Days later
    -Dawn of the dead (Zach Snyder's remake)
    -Dog Soldiers
    -Saw

But if there's only one, it will be Ils. A French movie of 77 minutes, no monsters, no blood fest, nearly no strident music (just a strange sound, explained at the end), but a great movie for me.

I'm also found of Spanish movies. I find that they have most of the time a good story, and could be the scariest and darkest movies in my opinion. I love for example Los Sin Nombre (The Nameless) and El Segundo Nombre (Second Name).

Junior Poster

any thing Rob zombie works on. House of a 1000 corps is a great film ! his Halloween is almost done. this guy knows horror movies! ROB ZOMBIE !!! he is the next great horror film master.

5 Star Poster

Default best horror

The exorcist!!!! Hands down....

2. Halloween
    3.Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)
    4. Psycho

Dark and Handsome

Junior Poster

I generally like Asian and Italian horror films.

My favorite Italian horror film is "Suspiria".

My two favorite Japanese horror films are "Ringu" and "Ju-On".

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    My top 5 horror movies:

5) Aliens (Horror + Action= teh win!!!)

4) Hellraiser 1 & 2 (Clive Barker's a twisted bastard)

3) Dawn of the Dead- Remake (you knew they were screwed after the first 15 minutes)

2) Invasion of the Body Snatchers- Remake (again...you knew they were screwed early on....that dog with the man's head STILL freaks me out)

1) The Exorcist (nuff said)

Honorable mention: Rosemary's Baby because the first time I saw it...I didn't know what I was watching until halfway through.
    Heh. I forgot about that scene from Body Snatchers. Definately one of those "what the fuck?" moments. Like the head growing legs and scurrying away in "The Thing" remake.

And now for a not so subtle message to a certain poster in this thread:

Two movies I never want to see again are "Silence Of The Lambs" and "Superman". They bore and irritate me. They have for quite some time.

You're not fooling anyone, Clark Kent. Go find another hobby.

Rookie Poster

I love horror movies
    1. Halloween all of them even the third even if it was off subject. I have the DVD with all the added TV footage a complete version of the first and it is great.
    2. Friday the 13th 1-4 after the fourth they got a little off the ball
    3. Evil Dead all of them
    4. The Thing - John Carpenter
    5. Christine- John Carpenter
    6. Derranged
    7. Sleepaway camp
    8. Scream
    9. The Devils Rejects
    10. Pet Cemetary - this really messed with me the first time i saw it.