Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Poster

The Black Adder is cvlt!

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    I forgot about Robert Carlyle. I´ve seen him in Trainspotting, than that comedy stripper-movie and Hitler - Rise of The Evil (I think that´s the right title). Very good actor, he can play different kinds of roles what you cannot claim for HUH Grant.

Hail, hail, the Celts are here
    He tells a story about how he went home to see his Dad after a few years in the business, and his Dad said, "Are you doing all right, son?" to which our Rab replies, "Aye, I'm doing fine."

His Dad, who is a housepainter, then said, "Well son, I want you to know I've put a bit money aside in a bank account, so if the acting ever goes wrong you and me can get a wee van and some ladders and go in business together."

You just have to love someone so unassuming and down-to-earth. Great guy.

Default Re: Hugh Grant in Beans Attack Latest

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Well-known foot-in-mouth artist, sorry actor Hugh Grant was questioned by police in London this morning after allegedly attacking a photographer with baked beans.

(Sorry, recovers from fit of hysteria.)

What some people won't do for attention.

He's an asshole and a less than average actor in my opinion. Ugly too.

GOOD THINGS

5 Star Poster

I've never found him to be convincing or fun to watch. His acting style seems to be based on blinking rapidly and stammering. MR Bean, however! Good God! Ever seen the public pool skit? Or the airsick kid? Fuck I love that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    His acting style seems to be based on blinking rapidly and stammering.
    Er, Suckseed, I don't think he's actually acting when he does that......

2cnded on Rowan Atkinson though, a rare comic genius. He reminds me a lot of Norman Wisdom, who reminds me of Chaplin.....And of course many of the other great silent movie stars. There's a great tradition there.

Professional Poster

Norman Wisdom,there's a name I haven't heard in years.

Black Adder isn't a cult Coroner,it's a "cunning plan."

Ancient Pervert.

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    Norman Wisdom,there's a name I haven't heard in years.
    Funny, funny, funny man. IMHO he plays that line between painfully silly and painfully funny better than just about anyone I can think of. Brilliant. Actually I'm sitting here grinning like a cat just thinking about some of his stuff. Another one of course was the great Tommy Cooper. I can't even say thatwithout laughing. "Just like that" is still one of my catchphrases, though nobody gets it now.....

And since we're on the subject of knickerwettingly funny men, we have to mention the absolutely wonderful WC Fields. That pool-table sketch he did, I forget which movie, damn near hospitalised me.

The thing is a lot of great humour today comes from stand-up, which I'm not knocking, it's great, but the slapstick clown's use of body language and expression is brilliant, something else altogether. Jim Carrey does it pretty well these days.