View Poll Results: Are you for or against legislation that would require U.S. combat troops to begin withdrawing from I

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm not sure

0 0%
  • Against

6 42.86%
  • For

8 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Setting a Timetable

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said yesterday that the Democratic-controlled Congress will pass legislation within days requiring the withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq beginning Oct. 1, with a goal of completing the pullout six months later. Hours earlier, President Bush vowed to veto any legislation requiring what he said was an "artificial" timetable for troop withdrawal. (AP)

Gold Poster

At this point the US Gov't is just wasting time and money (Not to mention lives)

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

bush claims that a deadline just tell the enemy how long they have to wait. what he means is that there is a civil war in iraq and the several sides want to go at it with each other; we are there acting as referees. however, they are going at each other in spite of our presence there. you read about the bombing and the iraqi deaths every day. unfortunately we losing 4 to 5 referees every day too. if we withdraw, i'm sure the civil war will burn white hot. but there's civil war anyway. better to stay out of it militarily and let the natural forces there find their balance. the sooner we leave, the fewer of our brave soldiers die. the sooner we leave, the fewer young middle-easterners as converted to jihad against the west. PULL OUT NOW!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

yea, hes just staying to keep his pride. Its a lost cause over there. Both sides have proven that they dun wnat to talk, so let them kill each other not ours.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Junior Poster

"Good Morning Baghdad !"

This I remember from the American medias on the first morning of the Irak war.

This war was thrown by a legitimate elected American president. I think the US have a great responsibilty towards the Iraki people and their disastrous destiny.

Pulling out without concern would be selfish and irresponsible.

The American citizens have not finished paying for the foolish neocon politics.

Junior Poster

America must get out of irak it only makes your enemies stronger

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    God told me to go after Jennifer Justice.

I didnt need god to tell me though.

Jen, I'm courting you. Just talk to me! I'm a good man. 5 minutes and then hang up on me.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Doesn't matter. The president is vowing to veto the bill anyway.

Where's Irak?

On Earth?

This war was authorized under blatantly false pretenses, and the US should get the hell out of Iraq. Not only should it get out, but it should be (fiscally) responsible for rebuilding what years of war and economic sanctions destroyed.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

...but....but....vp cheney told us the war would pay for itself in iraqi oil!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.