Junior Poster

Default This ones for the guys

Hello Fellow Trans gendered lovers!
    Tell me, when did you first realize you loved transgender women?
    What was your first experience with them?

I like a little bit of everything, and will give details!

This topic has been done a few times since I've been here, (8 months).
    Here is a recent thread on this topic. It was on the first page in the last week. http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18270

I'd imagine it's all been done, and well before any of us "newbies" got here. So when some veterans claim HA has gotten boring in the last few months, what is anyone to do? I fully expect a wise-ass answer in short order, but I'm being serious. You can't even start a topic without being told that it was covered in 2005, or make a comment without being beset by jackasses who are courageous only because they operate behind a veil of anonymity. Just saying...

That thread is very recent, though, so it makes more sense to link it. A dead poll-type thread from 2005 should be left dead, imo.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    That thread is very recent, though, so it makes more sense to link it. A dead poll-type thread from 2005 should be left dead, imo.
    Oh, I definitely agree Fox. What I'm saying is that there isn't much new that you can talk about on HA it would appear, since anything you come up with was covered two years ago and probably eighteen times since then, to where no one cares to talk about it, even though it's new to you. Now, I'm not saying such discussions should be restarted, I'm just saying that with that seemingly always the case, how can one keep from getting bored? It's gotten to be the same ol' same ol', and I've only been a member for a week!

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Oh, I definitely agree Fox. What I'm saying is that there isn't much new that you can talk about on HA it would appear, since anything you come up with was covered two years ago and probably eighteen times since then, to where no one cares to talk about it, even though it's new to you. Now, I'm not saying such discussions should be restarted, I'm just saying that with that seemingly always the case, how can one keep from getting bored? It's gotten to be the same ol' same ol', and I've only been a member for a week!
    id say
    1. search for the topic you want to discuss FIRST- as stated on the front page
    2. READ everyone elses posts to get an idea of what their thoughts are- even if the LAST post was from 2005 most ppls ideas on the topic are probably the SAME- if not theyll let you know when you post yours
    3. post how you feel on said topic and at the end ask anyone that hasnt commented thus far and those that have but dont feel the same to comment after you

imo thats the way its supposed to be done

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    id say
    1. search for the topic you want to discuss FIRST- as stated on the front page
    2. READ everyone elses posts to get an idea of what their thoughts are- even if the LAST post was from 2005 most ppls ideas on the topic are probably the SAME- if not theyll let you know when you post yours
    3. post how you feel on said topic and at the end ask anyone that hasnt commented thus far and those that have but dont feel the same to comment after you

imo thats the way its supposed to be done
    Second that

festivus for the rest of us

I have often been accused of thread necromancy, but sometimes it's a necessity. As long as new folx come on board (And that's a good thing) many of the questions will be asked again and again. For the rookie, it's a no-win situation: They either get dissed for asking the same old questions or they get poked in the eye for reviving old threads that =answer= the same old questions.

Maybe we should issue a press pack or something for orientation.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    I have often been accused of thread necromancy, but sometimes it's a necessity. As long as new folx come on board (And that's a good thing) many of the questions will be asked again and again. For the rookie, it's a no-win situation: They either get dissed for asking the same old questions or they get poked in the eye for reviving old threads that =answer= the same old questions.

Maybe we should issue a press pack or something for orientation.
    I definetely am guilty of thread necromancy.

I will resurrect an old thread for a number of reasons;

1. I feel that I have a different perspective or can offer additional
    input on it.

2. Sometimes really good threads have been pushed down or buried
    by other posts.

3. I feel it may be helpful to the 'noob', to give them a better
    understanding of the topic of transgenderism.

4. There is a turn-over of folks to HA, with not all of them being noobs,
    and they may be able to provide valuable insights to a topic.

Perhaps as Euripedes said "There is nothing new under the sun", thus
    I am a lover of old threads.

Except those damned, am I gay threads,
    please do a search before posting those.

The thread that I posted the link to, last post was only two days old at the time of this thread's original posting, and had eight pages of responses. The orignal post of that thread was 4-11-07. The first post of the new post was 4-24-07. Do you really think those people should list their response again?

I consider it helpful when someone posts links of an 'old' thread. People then have the choice of responding to either thread. Or they could just get some background before their new post.