Professional Poster

Default YODAJAZZ's NEW AVATAR......RESPEC' !!!!Let's talk MILES.....

MY RESPECT FOR YODAJAZZ HAS GONE UP IMMEASURABLY!!!!!

Miles is the MAN!!!!!! In case any of you don't know what the fuck I am going on about.......YODAJAZZ'S NEW avatar is from the cover art to Miles Davis's PHENOMENAL 1969 Double Album BITCHES BREW, still his biggest seller over Kind of blue AND birth of cool.......these sessions , produced by Teo Macero spawned the legendary Weather Report!!!(and the textures later heavily sampled in the 'trip hop ' sound....see earlier lecture) Basically Miles had the power to pull all his fave musicians together for 4 days at columbia studios in new york, he had 2 drummers, percussionists, double bass, electric bass, 3 fender rhodes electric piano players(Zawinul, hancock, corea), Electric guitar, sax, soprano sax, bass clarinet, all playing together with little or no dierction from miles as to what he wanted, the track pharoah's dance is composed of 22 edits, THATS TAPE EDITS, way before sampling and digital cut and paste, they literally had a team of tape splicers at columbia records, glueing segments of improvised magic together, If you like the grateful dead, check this out, miles saw the big stadiums they were playing and said, im gonna get me some $$$$$$ and bring a rock drumbeat into this thing.
    AND YES, I AM REALLY HOWARD MOON. NO , REALLY
    Discuss.................
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

I see you know your stuff. I love all of Miles. He never stood still and rested on his accompishments. For example, he help found a style of jazz known as "cool jazz", but then he later blew away the stlye with his bluesy, soulful sounds which came to be known as Hard Bop. That was the first style which came to use the word 'funk' in it lexicon, (in the early 50's).

But my avatar is also a tribute to the cover artist Abdul Mati Klarwein, who did the painting. His album artwork expanded the conscious of a generation of music lovers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abraxas_annunciation_113.jpg 
Views:	1028 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	92485  

Silver Poster

I respect Miles but the whole Cool Jazz or Hollywood Jazz was a step back. I don´t understand why Miles and Dizzy, too became their own victims. What would Parker say about this if he was alive in the sixties? I´m getting at the commercial part and this has gone too far from passion. Miles is a great musician but being loyal to yourself, especially as a musician, is a concept that still makes you survive all kinds of trends.

I´m glad I have the opportunity to listen to Ray Drummond, Ornette Coleman, Andrew Hill, Ravi Coltrane, Joe Lovano etc......

But, nice avatar, yoda

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    What would Parker say about this if he was alive in the sixties?
    "Hey buddy, Do you wanna buy a saxophone?"

OR possibly "No really, I used to play with Miles Davis"

"You rang, m'lady"

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

Professional Poster

Default Re: YODAJAZZ's NEW AVATAR......RESPEC' !!!!Let's talk MILES.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    MY RESPECT FOR YODAJAZZ HAS GONE UP IMMEASURABLY!!!!!

Miles is the MAN!!!!!! In case any of you don't know what the fuck I am going on about.......YODAJAZZ'S NEW avatar is from the cover art to Miles Davis's PHENOMENAL 1969 Double Album BITCHES BREW, still his biggest seller over Kind of blue AND birth of cool.......these sessions , produced by Teo Macero spawned the legendary Weather Report!!!(and the textures later heavily sampled in the 'trip hop ' sound....see earlier lecture) Basically Miles had the power to pull all his fave musicians together for 4 days at columbia studios in new york, he had 2 drummers, percussionists, double bass, electric bass, 3 fender rhodes electric piano players(Zawinul, hancock, corea), Electric guitar, sax, soprano sax, bass clarinet, all playing together with little or no dierction from miles as to what he wanted, the track pharoah's dance is composed of 22 edits, THATS TAPE EDITS, way before sampling and digital cut and paste, they literally had a team of tape splicers at columbia records, glueing segments of improvised magic together, If you like the grateful dead, check this out, miles saw the big stadiums they were playing and said, im gonna get me some $$$$$$ and bring a rock drumbeat into this thing.
    AND YES, I AM REALLY HOWARD MOON. NO , REALLY
    Discuss.................

AMEN, KRISS!

This is one of the most important, and best, albums of all time. Every time I listen to it I hear something new I haven't heard before.

And Abdul Mati Klarwein is one of the greatest artists of all time, also.