Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grindhouse April 6. 2007

So, who's going to see this double feature? Two films in one. They look so cheesy, and I have to see it. Bring a backpack with goodies kids. It's going to be a long show.

What is Grindhouse...for the few that don't know:

Directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez present two full-length movies in a new horror double feature.

In Tarantino's "Death Proof," Austin's hottest DJ, Jungle Julia, sets out into the night to unwind with her two friends Shanna an Arlene. Covertly tracking their moves is Stuntman Mike, a scarred rebel leering from behind the wheel of his muscle car, revving just feet away.

In Rodriguez's "Planet Terror," two doctors find their graveyard shift inundated with townspeople ravaged by sores. Among the wounded is Cherry, a dancer whose leg was ripped from her body. As the invalids quickly become enraged aggressors, Cherry and her ex-boyfriend Wray lead a team of accidental warriors into the night.

Checkout the trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809264218/details
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet_terror_122.jpg 
Views:	4389 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	88068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deathproofscriptcvr_111.jpg 
Views:	4416 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	88069  

Rookie Poster

Although they can sometimes be so completely cheesey, I actually enjoy Tarantino's films. The key to being able to sit through them is KNOWING what you're spending your money on and not expecting to see something "amazing".

I like horror and sci-fi. I am sure I'll end up seeing it.

" Just because you dress like a Christian, doesn't mean you are one. You may look the part, but the similarities stop there"

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Best_Kept_Secret
    Although they can sometimes be so completely cheesey, I actually enjoy Tarantino's films. The key to being able to sit through them is KNOWING what you're spending your money on and not expecting to see something "amazing".

I like horror and sci-fi. I am sure I'll end up seeing it.
    Extra cheese on this round. I'm prepping my stash to sneak into the theater. I must wear big pants that day :P

Grindhouse day kiddies

Professional Poster

Grindhouse is intentionally cheesy, campy in the vein of B-grade horror/action movies of the 70's...he's just bringing back the genre

From what I hear, you won't realize it was 3 hrs. Check out rottontomatos.com.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    Grindhouse is intentionally cheesy, campy in the vein of B-grade horror/action movies of the 70's...he's just bringing back the genre
    Double true!

Junior Poster

Just got back from the show. I kid you not, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. While the second one is arguably the better of the two, the first is still commendable. Good, senseless violence mixed in with some comedy for some pure homegrown moviegoin'. Totally a guy movie, though...I wouldn't recommend bringing your girl along unless she's into that kind of thing. Some things might disturb you about the flick, though (think, balls being cut off then stomped on). Again though, that's only with the first flick. The second one hardly has any violence at all, and Kurt Russel plays a tremendously GREAT role.

And Tarantino acted in both the movies! His role in the first one was quite funny, if only for one part.

From what I hear, you won't realize it was 3 hrs. Check out rottontomatos.com.
    Totally. I had so much fun that I didn't even notice those three hours fly by. It's rare that I can say this, but I believe that my money was well-spent.

In short? If you haven't seen it already, SEE IT.

While if I could go back in time and change things, God knows I would, I also realize that such a thing is impossible. So I just have to move on with my life and make sure that I come out the other side a better person. That’s all there is too it.

Professional Poster

Rosario Dawson hiking up the skirt to whoop some ass at the end!!!

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Junior Poster

Grindhouse was cool.
    The Rodriguez film is excellent. Tarantino bored me a bit.

Now, I'm waiting for "They call him Machete"

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/26/...ng-sin-city-2/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	machetebig_392.jpg 
Views:	2634 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	89898