Rookie Poster

Default VT Shooting First Hand Experience from a Student

I am actually a student at Virginia Tech and live right inbetween the dorms where the first shootings took place and where the killer lived. I also had a class at 10:10 in the building right beside where most of the killings were done.

Let me personally tell you that it has been a depressing time. Almost the whole campus is empty.. Everyone has gone home. All the memorials and things have been absolutely amazing. All the love and care across the country has helped immensely.

Within a few days we will all try to make things go back to as normal as they possibly can be. Thanks to all of your concerns about me and my fellow hokies.

"Forget your previous collegiate associations, today we are all HOKIES"

Junior Poster

Sorry to hear about those tragic events that happened on your campus and I am glad that you made it through what happened.
    Best wishes go out to you and all those around you.

Junior Poster

Sorry to hear about those tragic events that happened on your campus and I am glad that you made it through what happened.
    Best wishes go out to you and all those around you.

Junior Poster
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

I have 1st hand experience myself for a similar experience. I was at the University of Florida as a freshman living in the dorms when Danny Rollings was on a killing spree for a week.

Many people put their dream of a college education on hold and didn't come back.

Madness has no logical explanation. Read his manifesto if it helps. It shows someone unable to cope with "normal" expectations in life. I.e. "Life is unfair" or Monty Python's eloquent "Life's a bowl of shit when you look at it."

People snap, and I do wish noone has to endure the pain you endured or the panic my community endured. Find peace that it is done for now, hold caution that it will happen again, have compassion for all of humanity that suffered, and pray next time you might be the one to say the right words at a pivotal point to avert such tradgedy.

Platinum Poster

glad youre ok